• Announcements

• Nahash5150

Engine Upgrade   04/19/18

The website will be receiving a security and feature patch. But I didn't get to it yesterday, so stay tuned for reschedule.  
Sign in to follow this  
Rod H

Which service to use?

Since many of us got phucked over by Photophuket, what is the preferred replacement? 
I have some interesting things I'd like to post pics of without using up CS! site storage.

What works for you and why do you like it?

Sometime ago loner_t posted using IMGUR; recalling that, I moved over there. I also have a Flickr account but use IMGUR these days. Follow THIS LINK for a show & tell. An earlier Post A Reply with images & text bombed due to site error & dodgy internetBrick wall; hence a shared link instead of a guide to IMGUR with images inserted in this post. Text is below each image.

What works: easy image uploading, organize images by albums, rearrange images in albums, option to make images & albums PRIVATE, hidden to the IMGUR community & anyone coming to your profile; but images can still be accessed via the direct URL you share. I make all new uploads & albums PRIVATE, share the link with discretion only to specific persons or forums (thecarversite).  

Hope this helps, Rod. 

• Thank You 3

I have used IMGUR for posting images since being a CS/CA member. It has not yet become a for-fee site, and has my vote so far. 

• Thank You 1

SOME images that were hosted on photophucket can be found in archive on web.archive.org

I was able to post images that use the web.archive.org link instead of the photophucket link, so far web.archive.org is allowing image hosting if it's already been cached.

• Thank You 1

I've been using Zenfolio for over 10 years now. Not a single issue, not a single crash, nothing. I pay something like $40 a year and have unlimited storage. I have over 32 Gb of images uploaded so far. Speaking of that, they backup all of your photos (can even upload RAW files and videos) on three different servers throughout the country. If something happens and you lose all of your original images, they will send you DVD's of all of your backed up images.

https://en.zenfolio.com