Sign in to follow this  
gold98gtp

Carver H-9AV - Proceeds Go To The Site

I've picked up a couple of these over the years, so i've decided to donate a re-capped H-9AV to the site.  It’s currently on my bench ready to replace the 13 electrolytics and add some more permanent feet - switches, pots and RCAs have been cleaned with D-Oxit. I'll pick one of the best looking face plates and top cover.  If all goes well I will have it finished this Friday, will post pics inside and out.

Since these don’t come up for sale very often, it’s hard to put a price on it, so I was thinking, why not have an auction?  You bid knowing 100% of the sale price will go directly to the site via Paypal. I will cover shipping to the winner.

We’ll start the auction when I get it ready to go and post the pics, likely Friday evening.

Mark

• Thank You 7

Good idea. What other upgrades do you know of for this unit? I started to work on some but got side-tracked and never returned.

Good idea. What other upgrades do you know of for this unit? I started to work on some but got side-tracked and never returned.

It looks bone stock to me.  Not planning on doing anything else other than verifying voltages - don't have test equip to measure noise, distortion etc.

Mark

How is the H9 different than the C9? And what is the precognition matrix?

The c-11 also has a precognition matrix! There may be a manual for the c-11 that may also explain the matrix.

Is the C-11 pre cog matrix a scaled back version of the h-9av? Similar to the c-1 being a little more subtle than the c-9?

I can say I love my c-11, but if the difference is like the c-1 and c-9 I may have to check it out!

BarryG

Sign in to follow this