Paul is Live

chiroacademy

I'm a huge Beatles fan with 39 Beatles albums and another 21 solo artist Beatles albums and countless CDs. Lots of rare, different versions of the same albums, mono and stereo versions,

UK releases and US releases had different covers and a few different songs... some of them have never been opened or played. Anyway you get the idea. I've wanted a Paul McCartney - "Paul is Live" vinyl but for some reason the damn thing is around $150 on eBay. I found one for $139 and bit the bullet. My first impression was wow this album is paper thin, what a waste of $. So I decided to give it a spin. Extraordinary sound, love the album (double vinyl). So much for the 180 gram audiophile sounding better because they are heavier.

I have that LP too, my brother bought it for me a long while back IIRC. And the CD version. I bought 2 copies of the Pulse vinyl box set for $80 way back when, and still have one unopened. When I see what people are willing to pay for some LPs it seems so unreasonable....makes me want to sell. Then again....nope. Might wait until the $$ get even more ridiculous. I wish I had those $$. Every CF there is an attendee or 2 that jokingly wants to make off with 1 or 2 of my unopened Beatles records. Last year it was Sgt.Pepper. Luckily I caught himBig Grin this year I'll get him new vinyl to stem the tide.

ray