Inserting photos, video & links

RodH

Insert picture or video

You have likely noticed there is no "insert picture" or "insert video / YouTube" buttons on the New Topic composition toolbar at the top of the post box.

image.png.787564e34b99a3899daf5208dc7bf397.png

You can either copy/paste or drag n drop pictures directly into your post so long as they are jpg / jpeg / png  or gif files.

Your image will first appear in an 'upload' window at the bottom of the screen, once the upload is complete, click on it and it will load into the body of the post at the point of the flashing cursor. As you add images they will all appear in the upload window.

Resizing is available directly by left clicking on the inserted picture and dragging one of the corner frame points to change the size.

8bit-dude.thumb.jpg.4e4252a8f12580b8fab857fe7cda847b.jpg

image.png.86bf5d3be509768600ec520750b19888.png

Also, you can edit the uploaded picture by double left clicking on it which will bring up the 'Image Edit menu.

Direct image links

Web images: right click on the image and select copy image then paste directly into your post. You do not need the image link location. Resize as required.

image.png.eba1b5136fe984a035524b0fb8692fa2.png

YouTube Videos

Click on "Share" on the YouTube page. The highlighted link will appear, copy and paste. There is no need to get the embed code now.

image.png.028c24409956f1be7743a8675c9e8603.png

Removing images

If you are editing a post and want to remove an image, You must to go to the Uploaded Images box at the bottom of the page and delete the image there. If you delete it only in the body of the post, it will not actually go away.

image.png.12258733169e512b0142bd36bc87b078.png

• Thank You 8

• The topic was pinned
  • 8 months later...
8 hours ago, tripwr1964 said:

i am not able to cut/paste or drag jpeg images into my post.... what am i missing?

Since your account is new, there is a (hopefully) short probation period where your account has limited use for security purposes. Once you receive more than 5 reputation points, you will advance to 'Novice' which will permit you to upload pics. We encourage new users to start an introduction topic in the 'Party Barn' - it helps to get past the 'Inbound' status in a very short time.

• 1 year later...

I can't answer that as I've never used an iPhone for net access. The only iPhone I've had was a III. I replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy, and I've never looked back.

• That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, Heat sink said:

How do I take a picture that is smaller than 1000kb? 
was asked to post pictures of my stuff, but cant!

That would depend on your camera.

Here's a link to an easy to use, freeware image editor. 

https://www.getpaint.net/