Sunfire True Subwoofer EQs loaded into a horn enclosure?!?

I have several Sunfire True Subwoofer EQ Signatures and although they are fairly impressive as they are, I am just wondering if anyone has any experience in using the Sunfire powered subs to load an actual horn enclosure to produce even better bass response?  Seems that this would be something that could be done, so...has anyone done it yet?

Howdy PhaseTheMusic and welcome to the forum. Congrats on making your 1st post.

The Carver subs are designed for use in a very small, sealed box so I suspect they wouldn't work well loading a horn.  But don't let that stop you from trying. :--D

Also, being a dual-radiator that would be difficult to design for; unless you scrap the existing case.  If I recall correctly, these are designed to be in a sealed enclosure; the amp could overheat if there is not enough back-pressure/back EMF.

Edited by UncleMeat

I built a set of folded horns, and what I remember specifically was that the driver was designed to meet the requirements of a bass horn to begin with. Low excursion, high Q, low resonant frequency, etc. In spite of this, there is nothing wrong with experimenting with an idea. 

• Thank You 1