Greetings, Carver Heads.  After wanting to own some Carver gear since the 80s, I am finally the owner of a TFM-15 (driving Klipsch kg 4.2 and kg 4.5 speakers)!  This weekend, I will be lucky enough to add a TFM-25 to my setup, which will be driving kg 4s.  All off a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver (which handles surround [kg 3.5] and center [KV-3] duty and x-over for Klipsch Sub-10).

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome @TwinsTim to CarverSite. There's lots of great info here, lots of like minded Carver Aquisition Enabl ers, and lots of pictures. Pleas post pics of your system(s) at your convenience.  

Did I mention pictures?  :D

Welcome!

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join in on all the fun.

Lots to see and read here.

Ask any and all questions you might have, someone is usually around to offer advice or to point you in the right direction.

• Thank You 1

Welcome aboard Tim!

I used a m1.0t (200 w/ch) to drive a pair of KG-4's for over 20 years. The TFM 25 will be a very good pairing.

Bob (I Think) Crites is a guy who has lots of Klipsch parts/upgrades, should the upgrade bug bite. 

Enjoy the music!

• Thank You 1

Welcome Tim,

The TFM-25 is a very sweet sounding amp  (I have five of them).   That's an old amp now and may be due for a recap.  I have an updated parts list for a full recap and -2 Service Bulletin reliability upgrade if you ever need it... just PM me.   

• Thank You 2

This is my system (as it stands):

Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver

Carver TFM-15

Klipsch kg 4

Klipsch kg 4.2

Klipsch kg 4.5

Klipsch KV-3

Klipsch kg 3.5

Klipsch KSB 3.1

Klipsch Sub-10

Obviously not laid out like this.  This was just a "Family Photo" before the surrounds went to their respective places.  Tomorrow, I should be adding a TFM-25 to drive the kg 4 (the TFM-15 does the 4.2 and 4.5)

2hhzplk.jpg

On 3/7/2018 at 6:45 AM, xavionics said:

Welcome aboard Tim!

I used a m1.0t (200 w/ch) to drive a pair of KG-4's for over 20 years. The TFM 25 will be a very good pairing.

Bob (I Think) Crites is a guy who has lots of Klipsch parts/upgrades, should the upgrade bug bite. 

Enjoy the music!

I'm considering getting his tweeter diaphragms and x-overs.  Gotta get the TFM-15 serviced first.  Lights are out on the meters, so she's going for a full refurb at Carver Audio Repair in WA.

• That Rocks 2

On 3/6/2018 at 5:03 PM, TwinsTim said:

Greetings, Carver Heads.  After wanting to own some Carver gear since the 80s, I am finally the owner of a TFM-15 (driving Klipsch kg 4.2 and kg 4.5 speakers)!  This weekend, I will be lucky enough to add a TFM-25 to my setup, which will be driving kg 4s.  All off a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver (which handles surround [kg 3.5] and center [KV-3] duty and x-over for Klipsch Sub-10).

I am in awe of your Klipsch gear! I got my first taste of Klipsch a couple of months ago when I bought two sets of the RP-160m standmounts. I'm using two of them on this desktop in near-field. I'm utterly gobsmacked by how detailed and punchy they are and how efficient they run. Paired with an SVS PB-2000, it's just a sonic wall of incredible, though I'd much rather have some of those big Klipsch's you have.

I'll see in week or so how they sound when paired with the M-500 amp I bought yesterday off of eBay. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, trog69 said:

I am in awe of your Klipsch gear! I got my first taste of Klipsch a couple of months ago when I bought two sets of the RP-160m standmounts. I'm using two of them on this desktop in near-field. I'm utterly gobsmacked by how detailed and punchy they are and how efficient they run. Paired with an SVS PB-2000, it's just a sonic wall of incredible, though I'd much rather have some of those big Klipsch's you have.

I'll see in week or so how they sound when paired with the M-500 amp I bought yesterday off of eBay. 

Damn nice speakers and sub.  That SVS is awesome stuff.  I fell in love with the sound that Klipsch's horn technology delivers.  RP-160s are awesome from what I've heard.  I have (on my bedroom system) a pair of RB-10s and what started out as a pair of Paradigm Esprit v.3 floorstanders.  One of the woofers went bad, and I discovered that Paradigm has shitty customer service, so I replaced those with woofers from Klipsch RF-62s (from Speaker Exchange).  Got both shipped for 56 bucks.  They sound really nice, paired with the RB-10s and an 8" Infinity sub (PS28).  Driven by an older Onkyo HT-R540 receiver.

• That Rocks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the updated pic of the power end of my setup:  Yamaha RX-V663 driving surrounds, center and sub.  TFM-15 driving kg 4s and  TFM-25 driving kg 4.2s.  Got the TFM-25 today.

27x4sh.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1