Howdy!

So, I fell into a Carver M-500 on ebay. I am very excited for its arrival. I've loved the look of Carver gear since the late '80's when I first saw some. I hope I can get the amp in for the upgrades and repair, but first I will swap it into this system for a couple of months. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Ohh the fun is just beginning. 

Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder.

Welcome to the site.

I started with my m400t rebuild 1 amp

Did a second one, rebuilt a couple of m1.5ts bought and I upgraded a M500t to a MKII (really sweet sounding) now on my TFM45 rebuild. 6 amps and I have a mild case. Some guys here are over the top.. Have fun!

• Thank You 1

Howdy trog69 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you onboard. You came to the right place for all things Carver!

Please tell us more about yourself, your audio journey and your taste in music.

We love photos so please start a thread in Member's Systems and post some so we don't have to beg you. :D

• Thank You 2

Hello trog69 and welcome aboard. There's a LOT of useful Carver and other audio/home theater related information to be found here. Feel free to browse around, and Z mentioned pics. We do love to see system pics of all types.

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

Hello trog69 and welcome aboard. There's a LOT of useful Carver and other audio/home theater related information to be found here. Feel free to browse around, and Z mentioned pics. We do love to see system pics of all types.

I'll have to wait for my granddaughter to come by, because my phone has a potato camera. heh. I have a very modest setup anyway. An Emotiva PT-100 pre-amp/DAC/tuner, the M-500 amp, a pair of Klipsch RP-160m's and an SVS PB-2000 sub. I've been working on the sound side of this gaming PC, so the Klipsch's are on this desktop in near-field, so no room correction or treatments necessary. 

As for music I'm that  kind of old fart; right now I have Type O Negative playing, and I lean towards the blues and jazz fusion when I'm not headbanging. 

• Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, trog69 said:

As for music I'm that  kind of old fart; right now I have Type O Negative playing, and I lean towards the blues and jazz fusion when I'm not headbanging. 

Head banging Grandpa. I can relate to that. My grandson and I went to a Kiss/Def Leppard concert a couple of years ago. It was a great time, and no, it wasn't a stage in his corruption. It was mission accomplished.

• Thank You 1

I forgot to mention that, until the m-500 arrives the juice powering these Klipsch's is the TEAC AI-101DA, a 26w/ch. desktop amp/DAC. I love this tiny unit. It will power any of my speakers, including the KEF C-40s, B&W 601se's and others, but with the 96db Klipsch's it really shines. I won't be giving it away to anyone, unlike the Denon receiver I never got around to plugging in. Still sitting here on this desktop, unused. I planned on using it and doing a 5.1 setup, but I find that I prefer 2.1 and the TEAC has been more than enough for near-field, plus it's hi-res capable. 

Welcome trogg !

never too old!  I still take my 86 yo mom to rock concerts!

This a great community for everything Carver!  The techs here are very helpful,  I see in the chat your already in good hands with Dennis Miller! Dennis has upgraded some of my equipment and i’m extremely satisfied!

I'm looking forward to seeing photos!

OCCD!  Resistance is Futile!

barryg

• Thank You 1