• Announcements

• Nahash5150

Engine Upgrade   04/19/18

The website will be receiving a security and feature patch. But I didn't get to it yesterday, so stay tuned for reschedule.  
kcetp

SOLD: Emerald Physics CS2 Open Baffle Speakers

I'm selling my beloved Emerald Physics CS2 speakers.  I've recently had a chance to move on to a beautiful pair of Von Schweikert VR4JR speakers and don't have the room for for both sets of speakers. I'm not really expecting to sell them here but thought maybe someone would know somebody in the Los Angeles area who might be interested. 

Here is a link to the craigslist add that I posted: 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/d/for-sale-emerald-physics-cs-2/6528350818.html

Thanks for looking,

kcetp

I loved the Emeralds, had a large sonic presentation, very dynamic, fantastic bass, very holographic even without the Carver SH which I use all the time.

The Von Scheikerts are also pretty great, I feel the highs are a bit more refined than the Emeralds and they can match the bass slam of the Emeralds, they're filled with lead shot and weigh 137lbs. Moving them around to find the best location is a big PIA. 

kcetp

That's a good deal and a very nice set of speakers. I like the ad and have a suggestion. Listing the reason you need to sell is effective. State that the speakers need no work at all. Also, I like to first sell the awesomeness to hook the potential buyer then follow up with the nuts and bolts and finally the off-putting section of who you will respond to. They will sell i'm sure. Just keep listing. Also try listing here for those that hate Craigslist. http://www.usaudiomart.com/classifieds/3-speakers/

Good luck. Please post pics of the new speakers.

• Thank You 1

Thanks PMAT for the suggestions. I had a much longer ad in the first draft, I raved on and on about how they sounded and how they were the best thing since sliced bread.  The more and more I read it over, I felt like a used car salesman. I guess I'm sorta meek and shy away from a hard sell, I figure once someone hears them, they can't deny how great they are (just my opinion). The Emeralds are a bit off-scale type of speakers. Being open baffle which a lot of people are not familiar with. They need an external active xover and bi-amplification ... so not for the average buyer who just wants to attach speaker wires and go. I also figured that once someone hears them and we're talking, I'd mention that I'm moving on to another set .. the Von Schweikerts and that's why I'm selling. I felt odd to mention in the ad that I'm moving on to better speakers, which would diminish the Emeralds.

Anyway, I thought that I'd start with my local craigslist before I posted to the various hi-fi market places like Audio Mart of AudioGon. I don't have the original shipping boxes so I wanted a local sale.

Here are the Emeralds and the Von Schweikerts, I apologize for the poor quality cell phone photos. 

EP1.JPG

EP2.jpg

EP3.jpg

VS1.jpg

VS2.jpg

• Thank You 4

Very nice. Have the SilverC1 and M500 pair been refreshed/updated? 

thanks loner_t.   About 3 yrs ago wrf upgraded my 2 M-500s to MKII and did a "refresh" to the C-1, I don't know why not, but should have gone with a full BillD, was my fault for not asking. All units sound great so I'm enjoying them. I'm bi-amping the Emeralds with the Behringer DCX and I'm vertically bi-amping  the Von Schweikerts. The VSs take more power than the Emeralds but with 2 MKIIs there's never any lack of power and they sound sweet to me.

• Thank You 1

Posted (edited)

Good grief, it's been almost 5 years.  "What a long strange trip its been" -- J.Garcia

July of 2013.  The C-1 got the full monty.  Came to me via Tom at Vintage Hifi.  I cleaned it up and gave it the full BillD treatment (plus my extra resistor replacements).  It's got a few bonus upgrades that Tom installed too.

Good to hear its still going strong.  Good luck with the sale of the CS2's.

IMG_2144.JPG

Edited by wrf
  • Thank You 2

Wow, that's good to hear .. I didn't realize I got the full BillD upgrade .. Well, thanks again Wayne.

Sorry, I'm trying to edit this post as I've sold the speakers ... but I don't see where I can edit the post, I only see "reply".  I'd like to edit the post header to say SOLD.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

kcetp

3 minutes ago, kcetp said:

Sorry, I'm trying to edit this post as I've sold the speakers ... but I don't see where I can edit the post, I only see "reply".  I'd like to edit the post header to say SOLD.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

kcetp

Members only have edit rights for 24 hours.

I annotated your post title to reflect that the item has been SOLD. CONGRATS!