new guy says hi

Hey everyone,

New here and very much enjoy vintage Carver gear.  Have a TX-11, C-1, two M400's and an M-1.5t.  They all need re-cap since I've noticed some clicking and squealing at shutdown. But they still sound clean and very powerful.

I'm an old Air Force 326x4c AIS guy and just wanted to say howdy and learn more about this vintage gear and updating them.

Regards,

Turbo

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo said:

Hey everyone,

New here and very much enjoy vintage Carver gear.  Have a TX-11, C-1, two M400's and an M-1.5t.  They all need re-cap since I've noticed some clicking and squealing at shutdown. But they still sound clean and very powerful.

I'm an old Air Force 326x4c AIS guy and just wanted to say howdy and learn more about this vintage gear and updating them.

Regards,

Turbo

Hello Turbo, and welcome to CarverSite. It's good to have you aboard, and I hope you have an enjoyable experience here.

I suggest reposting your info in the Party Barn.. That's where introductions go. Oh, and a heads up -- pics of your system will be requested. 

Welcome, and I hope you find this an enjoyable place.

Sk1Bum

Welcome aboard Turbo!

There is a vast wealth of knowledge here, you definitely found the right place to keep your Carver gear running tip top for a long time to come.

Kick off your shoes, get comfy and stay awhile. 

Oh, and do post some pics. We love ALL things audio.

Wow! Thank you all for the warm welcome here! 

I look forward to exchanging experiences and appreciation for this great vintage gear. I only use the C-1 and

M400 right now since the M-1.5t quit working a year or so ago(Only flashing protection lights and buzzing now)

they're all in great shape still so I'll have to take pic's, upload and post the links.  :)

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.  Now let's see if I can post some of these old pic's of my M-1.5t before I re-capped it.

Hmm.. Strange, I copied and pasted in the pic and it won't show up for some reason.  I'll try again another time.

• Thank You 1

I seem to recall someone saying you have to have move from Inbound to Novice status (10 posts) before you can upload pics.

Thanks Nahash5150,

I've been troubleshooting my M-1.5t and found shorted Q1, Q2, Q5 and Q6. I ordered MJ15024, MJ15025, MJ21193 and MJ21194 to replace the faulty output transistors and also found a shorted driver Q22 so ordered few MJE2955T.  All are on order from Mouser and should be here shortly.  I know based upon the short time I've been here and the knowledge gained already, she'll be singing better than ever soon.

I'm lovin' it here already.  The wealth of information is staggering here, thanks so much for having me here!

Turbo

aka Dave

• Thank You 1

Thanks a ton Nahash5150!

Well alrighty then, let me share some pics with you all

.IMG_0029_800x600.jpg.59d292ddb8b255e471df68f6a948f201.jpgIMG_0028_800x600.jpg.cc952c8d034ca9d825cd44e9b1912039.jpg

These pics are from about 10 years ago. I recapped it and it looks much different today.  I'll take new pics and post when I get home from work.

Dave

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 2

Replacing the dual-voltage filter caps C-13 and C-14 should be high on your to do list. They were of marginal quality when new and tended to die early. Direct replacements are no longer available in small quantities but site member and ebay seller @circuitsandconcepts sells a reasonably priced engineered daughter board that is pin-for-pin compatible with the original solder points.

s-l1600.jpg