• Announcements

• Nahash5150

Engine Upgrade   04/19/18

The website will be receiving a security and feature patch. But I didn't get to it yesterday, so stay tuned for reschedule.  
Sign in to follow this  
Sk1Bum

M500t rack handles

Yes, sounds expensive.  These are getting harder to find individually.  So for the obsessive collector this may be the missing piece.  

I would be concerned that there may be a contrast & color difference match to an existing faceplate.

1 hour ago, dennismiller55 said:

Yes, sounds expensive.  These are getting harder to find individually.  So for the obsessive collector this may be the missing piece.  

I would be concerned that there may be a contrast & color difference match to an existing faceplate.

I couldn't agree more. I have bought six pairs and they all vary in color... some may have faded, some may be different production runs.

The Rack handles that came with my M-500t, which was bought new in 1986, had slight shade difference then the face plate.

The seller does not list the corresponding screws for these. I wonder if they were removed from a M500t/M500.

4 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

Another pair on eBay

$89.99 + 7.20 shipping

Ouch! That's 3 times what I paid for a kit back in 1985.

20160726085234886.jpg

2 hours ago, zumbini said:

Sadly, what hasn't tripled (or more) in price since '85?

9 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:
12 hours ago, zumbini said:

Sadly, what hasn't tripled (or more) in price since '85?

Inflation doesn't normally apply to used items like audio gear. If it did an M-500t would be selling for around $1,500 instead of $450-500.

31 minutes ago, zumbini said:

Inflation doesn't normally apply to used items like audio gear. If it did an M-500t would be selling for around $1,500 instead of $450-500.

That's very true, but the last 3 pair I've seen on ebay sold in the $100 neighborhood.

If work slows down some, I'll see about fabricating handles. I have the stainless tube, but I still need to find a bender with a smaller radius or make a jig.

• Thank You 1

Sign in to follow this