• Announcements

• Nahash5150

Member Map   04/08/18

To all users: I will be updating the Member Map, so please update your Location on your profile. Please see THIS POST for details (Click on the Member Map announcement title to get link to show up). Thank you!
Sign in to follow this  
david h

Snell Recap complete , No Flames or smoke... I'm Finally there with my system!!!

5ad3a8301e0cb_IMG_0624RicsofEnergyv1.8sforsitte3-thumb.thumb.jpg.34bede795a070d1497a19d9c40d9a958.jpg5ad3a850293eb_IMG_0477RicsofEnergyv1.8sforsitte2-thumb.thumb.jpg.b2c74367e69f92f5acae1169a1b3ff8b.jpg

Hello guys,

With Thanks to all the Carver site guys and with Special Thanks to My Carver Godfather  Dom,   Kevin and  L.T,,     I'm finally where I want to be right now with my 2 channel stereo system.  Here's a pic of my 2 channel system complete. For the time in all my life,  I finally have the 2 channel  Carver system that I've chasing all these years without success. Without  your generousity,  help and guidance,  I would still be chasing my tail, and would have not chance of  getting closer to  that sound of the  "Nirvana "  sound that  I am after in my head.  Now I want to take  a little break from buying and enjoy the music,   keep learning  and pay down the credit cards...    I  am still amazed at not only the generosity of the group, But the knowledge that everyone has been so gracious in sharing with me.  Again, I thank you all.

My Snell speaker recap was a success, to much of my surprise. I originally purchased the Snells as my 1st 2 channel stereo speakers. But when I first heard them,  I  could hear some really great sound in them, but my first thought was they needed an tune up . Thats when I reached out to the Carver site group and asked again for help on what was needed to be done,  and it was decided a recap was in order.  (I have some photo's during the reap process if wanted).  I purchased the Energy Veritas v1.8 speakers thinking that the Snells wouldn't sound as great as I was after, , But after recapping them and plugging them in,  No smoke or Flames,  They sounded great...   So Great , I'm running them now.

My System got 3 great additions with the generous help from L.T.,, I've bought 2 Carver m-500 mkll., Dennis Miller built and they sound amazing, and a Onyko C-7030 ( Custom Built with Tube buffer By Kevin, Kev777, sounds great..)  They have a warmth and Clarity, and sound stage  to them when  combined with the Speakers sound so good. I'm running an Velodyne FSX-12 sub woofer which also rounds off the sound.  As you can see though with my environment , I have  my challenges with the glass windows behind the speakers, and the wood floors, but when listening to them the views great.  Any suggestions, without major changes to the environment , as always they would be greatly appreciated. I have a Rane Me-60 equalizer that I haven't set up yet  for room calibration , I need to get the microphone and I believe software which I'm still in need of for the calibrations of the room. Now I am now doing the fine tuning of the system with hiding the wires, I'll need to upgrade my cables in the back, and my biggest challenge still is finding the right DAC system so I can access my  digitial music from the computer library . I'm spending to much monies on CD's , and when said and done, I really don't have the space for the all.  I think I'm getting closer to the DAC,  I'm looking into Schiit right now for a DAC system.  Finally, I am at a really good place right now with the system,  Thanks to the Carver site ,

David

System :

Speakers:         Energy  Veritas v1.8  ( TRI- amped, 2 m500t mall's, 1- stock m500t for lows.)

Snell Type D  ( Bi-amped , 2 m500t's mkll's Dennis Miller)

Sub woofer:     Velodyne FSX-12

Amps   :     2-  Carver m500t's mkll's ( Dennis Miller)

Tuner :             Carver TX-11a

CD Player:       Onyko C-7030 custom built with tube buffer by Kevin, Kev777

Carver 200mk2

equalizer :     Rane ME-60

IMG_0477Ric's of Energy v1.8s for sitte2-thumb.jpg

Edited by david h
2 pictures being shown of the living room with speakers
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 5

Nice looking setup David! I am glad you finally found what you were looking for. Enjoy the music........grin

• Thank You 1

@david h Looks very nice, but probably sounds even better. We just need to get the DAC, so you can get the digital music stream out of your computer.

• Thank You 1

Very nice David! And wow!... Three M-500t amps with rack handles on each! Beautiful system to say the least!

• Thank You 1

Thanks all,

It feels really nice to just relax little and listen. I love the idea of turning around the speaker's and firing up the barbecue, That will definitely happen.. I'm not sure if I was specific with the Silver face plate C-7030 Onkyo CD player. As Kevin  and L.T. said to me , It's one of a kind!!!  It's the Japanese model that is sold manly in Japan,  hard to find out here.  Kevin designed and  placed into it a Tube Buffer,  which has real warmed up the sound and is still very clear and clean,  sound great.

Congrats on getting your system where you wanted it.

As others have already stated sit back and enjoy and fine tune it when and where you see the need.

Again enjoy the music...........

• Thank You 1

Congrats David. That looks incredible, and I'll bet that it sounds as great as it looks! When you decide to barbeque, I like my steak or burgers medium rare. [B-D]

DSCN1280.thumb.JPG.aa675ce644a51a5bed233fd48ba77077.JPG

Edited by Sk1Bum
  • Thank You 1

Love this post. Best post for me in a while. Gleeful. Have fun. The room may just sound great like it is. Please share more of your experience as you plow through music. 

• Thank You 1

That's next, I'm saving my monies up for Bonzoro to do his magic to my 4000t, as he did with Chops!!

Heard nothing but great things he can do. Luckily, this amps quite right now as was my C-1, But really looking for to having it upgraded..

• Thank You 1

I have no idea what an all original 4000 sounds like compared to a fully updated/modded 4000, but I'm glad I made the decision to pull the trigger on it. Well worth the $$$.