Sign in to follow this  
Daddyjt

They grow up so fast...

Good looking kid....big bugga

My old man told me when school was done  "If i could only give you whats in side my head".....never meant anything to me at the time.

I look at my kids now and think the same thing....

• Thank You 2

47 minutes ago, PDR said:

Good looking kid....big bugga

My old man told me when school was done  "If i could only give you whats in side my head".....never meant anything to me at the time.

I look at my kids now and think the same thing....

Thanks Perry - He has grown up to be a big, healthy man.  Some here know of his touch and go start at life - He was a 27 week preemie, born at 1 lb 8 ozs, and needed oxygen for the first 2 years of his life.  The doctors gave him a 50/50 chance when he was born.  We were fortunate to have some of the best doctors I could have hoped for to guide him through those first months...

IMG_3594.JPG

• Thank You 4

My daughter graduated last night from nursing school. I am still in disbelief. She was just a little kid yesterday.

Your photos are really good. For some reason the red background works well with the subject.

• Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, 4krow said:

My daughter graduated last night from nursing school. I am still in disbelief. She was just a little kid yesterday.

Your photos are really good. For some reason the red background works well with the subject.

Congrats - That's awesome!  Man, I can't begin to tell you where the time goes.  I remember hearing Cat's In the Cradle when I was younger (before I had kids), and I never got it.  The song damn near brings tears to my eyes when I listen to it now.  I feel like I've done an ok job as a dad, but looking back all I see is too much work and not enough family time.  In truth, the hardest part of being a parent is being the kind of parent you want to be...

As for the photos, that's a hobby of mine that has fallen to the wayside.  It was good to get the camera out again.  The trick with red backdrops is to cool the white balance a bit, and don't over saturate:-)

6 minutes ago, Daddyjt said:

...looking back all I see is too much work and not enough family time.  In truth, the hardest part of being a parent is being the kind of parent you want to be...

It's all about balance Mark, and like you, I was guilty of putting too much time in at work during Zack's formative years. As it turned out being forced into early retirement in 2005 was a blessing as it allowed me to ponder what was important. As a result I made a point of spending more time with Zack, helping him with homework, teaching him to cook, fish, build and fly model rockets, and fix things, coaching his little league team and becoming a scout leader. I like to think it was good for both of us.

• Thank You 1

Seems only proper that add a photo here. Our kids could have very different lives. We should/are so proud of them for the success that is.

31398325_1520163381444433_4351580587073470464_n.jpg

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, zumbini said:

It's all about balance Mark, and like you, I was guilty of putting too much time in at work during Zack's formative years. As it turned out being forced into early retirement in 2005 was a blessing as it allowed me to ponder what was important. As a result I made a point of spending more time with Zack, helping him with homework, teaching him to cook, fish, build and fly model rockets, and fix things, coaching his little league team and becoming a scout leader. I like to think it was good for both of us.

Agreed sir - It’s easy to lose sight of what’s important, especially nowadays. 

• Thank You 2