Sign in to follow this  
zorkmaster.c64

Just bought a TFM-75

Greetings Everyone,

Hope all is well.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I recently purchased the TFM-75 from fellow member Steve (itchitch).  I do not have enough posts to reply to the member’s forum; therefore, the placement here.  This is my first equipment purchase via the internet.  Thanks to Administrator Greg (nahash5150) for informing me how to navigate the new site, and especially, Steve, for making the process so easy.

Awesome unit!  I always wanted one.  Just recently discovered that I need to re-foam some woofers on the speakers to be utilized, so a bit more time must pass before connecting and completion; but as soon as I have this all set up, I will send some pics.

Onward, upward, and as always, enjoy the music,

Joe

• Thank You 3

Sweet!!!!  Joe,  =D=  Welcome to CS.   Looks like your gonna fit right in. Excellent start on the OCCD.....[~^]

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, zumbini said:

Congratulations zorkmaster! Hope she brings you many years of listening pleasure.

Yes, what he said......grin. You can’t go wrong buying other members gear on this site.

Edited by Dadvw

I am restoring a pair of old Altec Lansing 511s; my TFM-55x was fine for these, but I needed to use it for a different application.  So, stepping up, the TFM-75.   Also may consider some speakers that might require more power.  Is there another good pair to consider?  The amp just opens up options as my room is quite spacious .

Buying from members is great!  I have heard of very mixed results on eBay (non-members)(shipping and the definition of "working").

Buying from members is great!  I have heard of very mixed results on eBay (non-members)(shipping and the definition of "working").

Congrats on buying the Carver equivalent of a freight train !!

Welcome to the site. Thanks for jumping right in - we are glad to have you.

Find some AR9's - they will love how that amp will easily wake them up.

Nice purchase. I had the pleasure of listening to that very unit in my home. What a beast. Welcome to the site.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, zorkmaster.c64 said:

Also may consider some speakers that might require more power.  Is there another good pair to consider?  The amp just opens up options as my room is quite spacious .

My vote is for Carver ALS-Platinums or Originals w/60"  ribbons.  Magnepan Tympani, MG-20's, or 3.7R's

Congrats on the TFM-75, and welcome!

Edited by UncleMeat
  • Thank You 1