itchitch

Itch's Secondary System (Main HT - Audio Room)

The keys to keeping your fine audio and home theater system out of the hands of family members is to have "too many remotes" and a dedicated system for their use!

This system is for the kids to "blast" when they have friends over:

CT Seven (HiTech)

Carver 1.0t mkII (Hashy) With BLACK FACE PLATE

Audio-Technica 120 Turntable

Apple Airport Express

Polk Monitor 70 mkII Speakers (CL Special)

Polk PSW 505 Sub (CL Special)

Wii

PS3

Directv

Samsung HD

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

Edited by itchitch
  • That Rocks 10

1 minute ago, Dadvw said:

Again, a nice setup itch. Seems to be a common theme between the rooms......Carver......grin

Same room :)

1 hour ago, itchitch said:

The keys to keeping your fine audio and home theater system out of the hands of family members is to have "too many remotes"

... till they make you get a Logitech Harmony Universal Touch-screen remote. 😉

• Haha 1

Stickers

I found a nice equipment cabinet on Overstock (inexpensive but solid wood) to replace the makeshift end table setup for the secondary system.

The new cabinet looked so empty with the CT Seven and TFM-45 ... so I felt compelled to fill it.

IMG_5854.JPG

IMG_5855.JPG

IMG_5856.JPG

IMG_5859.JPG

Edited by itchitch
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 3
  • Love this! 1

Wow.  Outstanding.  Makes one breakout in a cold sweat, blurred vision, sweaty palms; while reaching for the credit card. 

Very nice Steve. You confused me for a minute as my first thought was that this was an upgrade in your office. After going further back in this thread I wound up in the right room. I really like the cabinet and the setup. All of those black face plates look great. My hat is off to you sir.

Stickers

Absolutely Stellar Itch!  I actually liked the use of the makeshift end table.  To me, it looked like it was made for rack mounted gear.  But after looking at your new setup with the black faceplates and the wattage behind them, I concur that it was embarrassingly substandard.   One question I have is: with that sub so close to your TT, do you ever have issues with the needle jumping when you crank it?

PhilDent

5 hours ago, PhilDent said:

Absolutely Stellar Itch!  I actually liked the use of the makeshift end table.  To me, it looked like it was made for rack mounted gear.  But after looking at your new setup with the black faceplates and the wattage behind them, I concur that it was embarrassingly substandard.   One question I have is: with that sub so close to your TT, do you ever have issues with the needle jumping when you crank it?

PhilDent

Good observation about the sub. At moderate levels there is no rumble.

The kids tend to use Spotify the most.

11 hours ago, oldtexasdog said:

That cab it looks like just what I have been looking for. Was it a recent purchase? IE would they have more?

It is no longer stocked... take a look at Wayfair - the make is by Darby Home

I thought I preferred the blue meter lights with the black face plate on the M500s, but the cool white is looking kinda good too. Decisions...decisions...