Sign in to follow this  
Daddyjt

A pleasant and unexpected surprise.

So the other day I have Pandora playing in the background at work, when a song comes on that causes me to instantly snap my head around -

I know that tune... very well... but I can’t place it...

i look at my phone, and see that it’s Dire Straits, Once Upon A Time In The West. Hmmm... no help. I know it’s from a movie, but... shit. 

I call these incidents “brain slivers” - when you know you should know something, but you can’t connect the dots - drives me crazy. 

2 days later, it hits me, out of the blue - the song was used in one of my favorite scenes, from one of my favorite documentaries - The IMAX film Super Speedway. It’s an incredibly educational look at Indy cars, wrapped in a pretty special story. I HIGHLY recommend seeing it - in surround, with a great sub, and a big screen. 

Heres the sceene and the music that had me stumped. And yes, the cd is on the way from Amazon as we speak!

https://youtu.be/rDjblbpaSro

AE6B5A5E-95C1-4EAB-AD2F-C1DD0F24D081.png

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

HA, I thought that it was just me. Sometimes a sound, a smell, a color, sets off almost everything I need to go back in time.... but not always,. in a couple of hours, days maybe, it comes back to me.

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1