Finally found high res streaming system for 2 channel system

David H.

I thought this looked promising, It the Premium Version Avantree Oasis Plus apX HD 164 feet fpr $79.00 . 

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Transmitter.../dp/B07BQYYDNJ from amazon.  Whats your thoughts on this one. I thought I would give it a try,  I liked to try this to replace the Omni P1 with hopes of streaming HD music and mainly to access and stream my HD music library from my iTunes library. It seems to have the range, and ideally the iPad can run it.  . Does itunes supply high enough data for HD streaming music through itunes. 

Any thoughts on this one!

4 hours ago, kve777 said:

I bought one of these and am not impressed. Anybody want to check it out? I'll send it...

Can you tell us why you weren't impressed or what issues you might have had with it? 

On 7/11/2018 at 8:32 PM, WJStephens said:

Yes the transporter is the HQ audiophile version. Nice. I started with the classic before Logitech took over and slowly destroyed everything. What a great company it was - call them and you actually get an engineer on the line to help you. Anyway, I got a second SB a Duet, both worked find but then I had troubles with the classic and got another duet via ebay. Now one of the duets is crapping out - sometime works sometimes not. The software on my Ipad and Iphone is also buggy and annoying, I don't bother with the duet remote as it is so inferior to the phone/pad interfaces. Maybe some of the issue is with my WiFi network, but I doubt it. My DVD player works fine streaming movies from the internet at the same location as the duet which is plugged into my main rig. It's quite frustrating.

Have you tried talking to the folks over at http://forums.slimdevices.com/

Logitech stopped supporting the Squeezebox hardware, but there are a  great number of people still using the products and several are still developing software for it.

Once up/running my Transporter has been trouble free.  I have more issues with the Mac that runs the server software than the unit (always asking if I want to "allow" the Transporter to connect).

• Thank You 1

On 7/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, UncleMeat said:

Have you tried talking to the folks over at http://forums.slimdevices.com/

Logitech stopped supporting the Squeezebox hardware, but there are a  great number of people still using the products and several are still developing software for it.

Once up/running my Transporter has been trouble free.  I have more issues with the Mac that runs the server software than the unit (always asking if I want to "allow" the Transporter to connect).

I have a bit. When the classic SB kept failing to play consistantly after playing a track for a few seconds I did some reading to find others having this issue. I got a duet from eBay and I'm now experiencing the same problem although I started from scratch re-installing the software etc. etc. Perhaps I should dig into this a bit more. I tend to have limited patience for these things...

• Thank You 1

I understand the "Limited Patience" thing also. Right now I'm still using the  Omni P1 with great results using "Tidal" for high res music. So far the best that I have been able to find.

With Tidal streaming source, I've been so far pretty amazed at it large library of music, at least in my taste. I just got my Oppo BDP-103 this weekend and have been listening to it and getting a feel of it's sound, so  far very happy with it for playing my CD collection. This morning I was running a comparison test listening between the two sources, #1 being the Oppo and the other Omni P1 while listening to the same tracks of music, and so far there really close in sound to my surprise.  I've only done a few tracks , like Adels " hello", Steely Dan "Dirty work" from can't by a thrill, and again the comparison between the two was very close. I plan on continuing to compare with different tracks and see how it goes. So Far, I haven't tested higher quality recorded sources like , SACD, or so far my own collection of FLAC CD recordings, that's next. So far in general, I do prefer the  Oppo 103 over all, I feel I'm hearing a more detail to the music, But I'm looking forward to testing the higher Res recordings. I haven't explored the Oppo 103 internet streaming sources , But for the Omni P1 I do like the ability with my iPad  to just look up an artist and play the music chosen that I don't have available in my own library. I did order the  the premiere version of the  Avantree blue transmitter and awaiting it's arrival to see what it capable of doing. I never would of thought that Blue tooth  would work with High res if not for Gregg information and articles given, So I'm looking forward to getting that and trying that out so I can access my own library and other sources. As soon I receive the Avantree Blue, I'll run that through some comparison and let the forum know of my thoughts on it.

• Thank You 3

6 hours ago, david h said:

I understand the "Limited Patience" thing also. Right now I'm still using the  Omni P1 with great results using "Tidal" for high res music. So far the best that I have been able to find.

With Tidal streaming source, I've been so far pretty amazed at it large library of music, at least in my taste. I just got my Oppo BDP-103 this weekend and have been listening to it and getting a feel of it's sound, so  far very happy with it for playing my CD collection. This morning I was running a comparison test listening between the two sources, #1 being the Oppo and the other Omni P1 while listening to the same tracks of music, and so far there really close in sound to my surprise.  I've only done a few tracks , like Adels " hello", Steely Dan "Dirty work" from can't by a thrill, and again the comparison between the two was very close. I plan on continuing to compare with different tracks and see how it goes. So Far, I haven't tested higher quality recorded sources like , SACD, or so far my own collection of FLAC CD recordings, that's next. So far in general, I do prefer the  Oppo 103 over all, I feel I'm hearing a more detail to the music, But I'm looking forward to testing the higher Res recordings. I haven't explored the Oppo 103 internet streaming sources , But for the Omni P1 I do like the ability with my iPad  to just look up an artist and play the music chosen that I don't have available in my own library. I did order the  the premiere version of the  Avantree blue transmitter and awaiting it's arrival to see what it capable of doing. I never would of thought that Blue tooth  would work with High res if not for Gregg information and articles given, So I'm looking forward to getting that and trying that out so I can access my own library and other sources. As soon I receive the Avantree Blue, I'll run that through some comparison and let the forum know of my thoughts on it.

Good to know. Please let me know how it works with your FLAC files and the sound quality vs. your Oppo CD, I'd be very interested. Have you / could you triy an external disk drive connected directly rather than via Wi-Fi to access your audio files? Does the SW read all the tags and allow search, play by genre, random, display cover art etc. If I have more questions I'll get off me duff and read up on it. Thanks!

I haven't tried an external drive, really not sure how I would do that , at least not being to complicated.  Thought my iPad , You get the album art work, genre and able to search for the artist your looking for on Tidal, If that what you are asking.  Reach out if you need anything more specific,  I'll get back you .

• Thank You 1

Quit trying to complicate things David...  If it was good enough for Abe, it should suffice....   HA......   

boombox_lincoln.jpg.02da12e68ca31252ff541ef2c9d3b8f9.jpg

Edited by Bonzoro
uncalled for
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 4