CT-Seven

Back Again... Rising from the Ashes

Well many know that to aid my fathers business I sold everything and held a Karma Raffle for my then M-1.0(t) Opt. 002.

Before the Big SDA's sold I was using a NASA TFM-42 a loaned unit from LT. When the SDAs sold I decided to sell everything and return the TFM.

I had been getting an itch to rebuild something and several members where willing to loan me items in order to get a system going. But I was not ready.

I stumble upon the Polk RT-16 deal and pick them up along with the Goodwill Toshiba SD-9200 DVD player (Google It, wonderful machine) I backtraced the guy I sold my Yamaha RX-V2700 to and he was willing to sell it back at the same asking price (neat guy)

Well I need CARVER POWER here comes LT again to the rescue and loans me a Carver A220 Amp and oh is life so good again plus speaker cables donated by new member Halfbaked I now have a worthy little setup.

D2104EFE-C3C6-4CBB-8BDB-068DDB286058.jpeg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 11

It is really nice to see you rebuilding. You were instrumental in my Carver birth. My workshop system is CT-7 based, it sounds great, and reminds me of you often. Wishing you well from Nor Cal.

PMAT

Thank you guys, eventhough my listening time has been greatly dimished by my new endeavour. I enjoy every bit of it. It gives me a newfound respect for our men and woman letter carriers. 

As far as the setup is concerned, Im really surprised with this little A220 its a very under appreciated amp. She does sound very nice.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 2

On 6/17/2018 at 12:11 PM, CT-Seven said:

Thank you guys, eventhough my listening time has been greatly dimished by my new endeavour. I enjoy every bit of it. It gives me a newfound respect for our men and woman letter carriers. 

As far as the setup is concerned, Im really surprised with this little A220 its a very under appreciated amp. She does sound very nice.

Glad you’re back and cudo’s to LT and the rest of the guys! The A-220 is very underrated. I believe it a much more powerful and desirable amp than the TFM-15. I sold all my 15’s and kept the 220! Enjoy the music!

Edited by kingman
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, kingman said:

I sold all my 15’s and kept the 220!

The A-220 is indeed a great preformer, its just sad that there is a HUGE lack of info on it, and people just give it a PASS instead of giving her a go.

• Thank You 1

Yes it is. At 125 per channel it compares with the TFM -35 at 250 per. I gave mine to Gary when he was down on his luck and his girlfriend returned it after he passed. I sure miss my friend...

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, kingman said:

Yes it is. At 125 per channel it compares with the TFM -35 at 250 per. I gave mine to Gary when he was down on his luck and his girlfriend returned it after he passed. I sure miss my friend...

Me too!

• Thank You 2

On 2/5/2019 at 3:24 PM, kingman said:

Glad you’re back and cudo’s to LT and the rest of the guys! The A-220 is very underrated. I believe it a much more powerful and desirable amp than the TFM-15. I sold all my 15’s and kept the 220! Enjoy the music!

I got two fully refurbished A-220's for sale! :---

I like them. Well balanced and detailed delivery.

I did see those @Nahash5150 wonderful work as always I would imagine they sound even better with a little TLC

Yes @David H. its been a hell of a ride from when I started back in 2000 to where I am now, and not to gloat or to show off eventhou its a "Carver" site  but I think everything changed the day I discovered not only this site but Carver as a whole. My jump from Adcom to Carver was like night and day but then again I did not know any better. To me my old TOTL Sherwood S-9910 was the greatest thing ever.

AND.... Do keep an eye on this thread as I picked up something from @itchitch in some faceplate thread for an amp that I currently dont have but a wink wink, itch itch and a little @loner_t sprinkled in for good measure

• Thank You 1