Glad to join. Love Carver equipment

Just heard about this board. Looks fun. I really enjoy Carver equipment. 

Will have to do a bunch or reading here.... 

Quick question. I will be getting a Receiver (130) and it may need the monitor selector switch replaced. I'm up for the task, is there anywhere on the board I can ask if anyone has parts?

Thanks... And glad to be here.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

Howdy@Wjlawand welcome to the forum. Nice to have you on board.  

1 hour ago, Wjlaw said:

I will be getting a Receiver (130) and it may need the monitor selector switch replaced. I'm up for the task, is there anywhere on the board I can ask if anyone has parts?

If you are referring to the output relay fellow site member and ebay seller@Circuits & Conceptssells replacements. If you purchase one tell him you are a member.

better than stock ==> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Output-Relays-to-repair-CARVER-MXR-130-150-900-2000-THE-RECEIVER-FBR621D024/221121502953

upgrade with gold contacts ==> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiophile-Grade-Gold-Contact-Output-Relays-to-repair-CARVER-MXR-130-150-FBR621D/221349506894

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Hello WjLaw, and welcome to thecarversite.com We're glad you're hear ;). There's a lot of information here about Carver gear, and there's probably someone here who's owned it, repaired it, or upgraded it if it has a Carver or Sunfire brand on it.  There are a lot of great folks here too.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the tunes, and enjoy the music.

giphy.gif.de23e9ce5962164bc55a8b99f7821458.gif

• That Rocks 1

Wjlaw,

Welcome to the site! 

There are lots of knowledgeable folks here who enjoy Carver gear too.  You should find answers here to just about anything needed.

Turbo

• That Rocks 1

16 hours ago, zumbini said:

Howdy@Wjlawand welcome to the forum. Nice to have you on board.  

If you are referring to the output relay fellow site member and ebay seller@Circuits & Conceptssells replacements. If you purchase one tell him you are a member.

better than stock ==> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Output-Relays-to-repair-CARVER-MXR-130-150-900-2000-THE-RECEIVER-FBR621D024/221121502953

upgrade with gold contacts ==> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiophile-Grade-Gold-Contact-Output-Relays-to-repair-CARVER-MXR-130-150-FBR621D/221349506894

Thanks for the info. I've been told it's the tape monitor switch that is not 100%... Glad to know these parts are available though!

9 hours ago, dennismiller55 said:

Welcome to the site.  I have several parts units.  Kevin ( kve777) also has parts units.  I am sure we can help you out.

Wow that would be great! I've been told it's the source monitor knob (switch) that is beyond cleaning ( ie dexoit ain't gonna do any magic) and it's touchy. Looking for the switch itself. Will have the unit in my hands in a couple of weeks. Will holler when I actually have it. Thanks!!!!

8 hours ago, Dennis47 said:

Welcome Wjlaw!

Tell us about your audio system and interests...pics always a plus??

Lol... Vintage guy. Collector of systems... Love working on gear (as a hobby)... I'll see if I can figure out how to post picts on this site....lol

Welcome!

Those switches are a common problem. New ones are almost impossible to find, so we end up with used ones. They are mounted on the input board under the back. It might be easier to swap it out with another board, and re-cap it while it's out. I could ship out a board this weekend. Message me.

• That Rocks 2

1 hour ago, kve777 said:

Welcome!

Those switches are a common problem. New ones are almost impossible to find, so we end up with used ones. They are mounted on the input board under the back. It might be easier to swap it out with another board, and re-cap it while it's out. I could ship out a board this weekend. Message me.

Wow that will be awesome. Let me message you once I have the unit in hand from my buddy to make sure what he is telling me is indeed what the deal is... Is there a site library with tech manuals so I could get a cap list together to place an order online? I haven't looked yet to see what on the board.

14 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

Welcome @Wjlaw! I'm eager to see you restore that wonderful receiver. We're here if you need us for anything.

That fantastic. It's great there is so much support here! 

1 hour ago, kve777 said:

Welcome!

Hey, just answered my own question.... Found tge service manual on the site database and downloaded. Going to print it out at work ?

• Thank You 1

On 6/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, Wjlaw said:

Quick question. I will be getting a Receiver (130) and it may need the monitor selector switch replaced. I'm up for the task, is there anywhere on the board I can ask if anyone has parts?

Are you referring to the tape monitor/dubbing switches? Here is a post I made a few years ago on how to clean these switches.  

MXR-130/150 Tape Monitor & Dubbing Switch Repair

Or are you talking about source select, i.e. Phono, Video, CD?  If so then this is an electronic switch and will require troubleshooting to isolate the fault to a specific board.

• Thank You 1

53 minutes ago, dennismiller55 said:

Are you referring to the tape monitor/dubbing switches? Here is a post I made a few years ago on how to clean these switches.  

MXR-130/150 Tape Monitor & Dubbing Switch Repair

Or are you talking about source select, i.e. Phono, Video, CD?  If so then this is an electronic switch and will require troubleshooting to isolate the fault to a specific board.

Wow. This should be exactly what I need! Awesome pictures and details. I will be following this. Perfect! Thanks!

On 6/21/2018 at 2:58 PM, Wjlaw said:

I'll see if I can figure out how to post picts on this site....lol

To upload a file from your HD see Drag files here to attach, or choose files...  at the bottom of the post a reply window (each member has 50 MB of personal storage).

Or you can paste in a link to any public photo (right click and select Copy image address from the context menu, CTRL+P to paste) and it should display automatically.