Chops

Selling all of my Carver gear!...

Man, this really sucks, but something has come up and I've got to sell all of my gear, both M-500t MkII's, updated/upgraded 4000t with remote volume, and the bone stock TX-11a. 

Everything is in near mint shape, everything works perfectly except the one M-500t MkII that has the dreaded failing output relay. It works fine once it warms up for about 10 minutes or if you push a few watts through it for a few minutes. Nothing major at all. This stuff is used daily and if you all know me, I take excellent care of my gear, and it never gets abused in any way.

I'm looking for $700 for each amp, $850 for the preamp, and $150 for the tuner. I also have a pair of rack handles for one of the amps that I'll throw in. I never opened the package, so don't know which amp it matches closest to, though both amps pretty much match each other. 

Thanks a bunch in advance!

p2830862080-5.jpg

• Sad 3

Posted (edited)

oh, im so sorry to hear that. i wish there was something i could do to help.

Edited by Jade Wood
  • Thank You 1

That sucks man.

If a forum member buys the 500t that needs the relay, I will replace it for free if you ship it to me on the way to its new home. I will even cover half the shipping from me to the final destination.  OR, if someone handy with a soldering iron buys it, I will send them a relay. 

Good luck Charles...

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 3

So sorry to hear this!  I have been close a few times myself to having to sell gear, I know how hard it is to go through losing your prized equipment!  Hope you see better times in the near future!

barry

• Thank You 1

Sorry to hear that Chops. Hopefully you can find a different remedy for your situation. But if the worst comes to the worst, I might be able to help with one of the amps.

• Thank You 1

Thanks everyone for the kind words and offers for assistance. Right now, this is the only thing I can do knowing that I can get decent $$$ for the excellent, well loved and desired gear fairly quickly. I know this stuff will go like hotcakes and right now, unfortunately, money is more important than the system...

And I forgot to add in the first post, that as much as I hate to, I'm going to have to charge for shipping. It'll be too much of a hit to pay shipping on everything like I originally wanted to. I'm sure you guys will understand. 

Daddyjt, very very wonderful gesture, and I will surely bring that up to whoever purchases it.

Bonzoro, the 4000t is yours if you want it.

PhilDent, either one of those M-500t MkII's are yours if you want it. Just let me know!

12 hours ago, Bonzoro said:

Drop me a PM Charles, or an email

Perry

Email sent

-Charles

On 6/24/2018 at 2:33 AM, PhilDent said:

Sorry to hear that Chops. Hopefully you can find a different remedy for your situation. But if the worst comes to the worst, I might be able to help with one of the amps.

Sent you a PM sir. 

13 minutes ago, weitrhino said:

Brother, I hate to say it but I feel your pain.

Yeah, it's like a solid boot to the groin. 

Everything is still available. I need this gear sold soon, and I really REALLY don't want to take it to eBay. 

2 hours ago, Maddmaster said:

Sorry to hear you need to let your Carver gear go. Are you keeping the rest, like the Yamaha Cassette Deck?

Thanks. No, the cassette decks are staying. I refuse to sell any of the "family" gear that's been here for years. 

However, my brother said that I could sell the MRX-130 that I got him a while back. And I'm sorry to say that I can't remember who made those beautiful wood cheeks for it. It too has the dreaded output relay failure. Other than that, it's in new mint shape and everything operated beautifully, not to mention it sounded pretty damn good too!

p2371755861-5.jpg

p2371755863-5.jpg

p2371755865-5.jpg

2 hours ago, kve777 said:

I wish I could help...

Thanks Kevin. 

16 minutes ago, Chops said:

And I'm sorry to say that I can't remember who made those beautiful wood cheeks for it.

PMAT, perhaps?

• Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, loner_t said:

PMAT, perhaps?

Yes, I believe so. Thanks LT!

• Thank You 1