Daddyjt

Bands/singers you “should” like, but don’t.

I too think DSOTM is over-rated. I am a Pink Floyd fan, but in small doses. Comfortably Numb - awesome guitar work by Mr. Gilmour. There's No Way Out Of Here on his self-titled album is awesome. Cry From The Street, on the same album, shows the man knows how to make a guitar sound raw and powerful.

Rattle That Lock is another album I enjoy.

As far as Jimi goes, Voodoo Child is my favorite work by him - but SRV did it better, IMHO...

• Thank You 3

I generally love all things Pink Floyd including DSOTM, but many of my favorites are actually the earlier stuff like Meddle with the mind-altering "Echoes" - that cosmic track really hit me back in the day and for me is like some unconscious archetype from a timeless realm if that makes sense... and no I no longer use those substances but the music still works for me.

Now I'm going to put on my asbestos suite now, get ready to duck behind a rock to avoid all incoming  and say that "The Wall" is overrated - although it has several gems, it also has several rather tedius cuts as well. Just MHO.

Speaking of political, have you guys seen what Roger Waters is doing on his latest tour?! Doesn't get much more political than that...

• Thank You 1

20 hours ago, itchitch said:

I saw Springsteen for the first time at Madison in 1980... three and half hours and the environment was electrifying. Being 18 at the time with a good buzz on....

Flash forward 15 years... older, sober ... not so much.

There are plenty of artists that have ruined it for me.... they became POLITICAL at their concerts. James Taylor did that at Red Rocks... the crowd booed him.

I truly believe he was shocked by the crowds reaction. I took a chance and saw him again four years later... not one peep of political garbage. Full redemption.

Actors do the same crap... De Niro - arguably a best actor of our time - is dead to me... a total POS. (FYI - He started his bs back when GW was in office.)

I PAY to see you sing or act .... save your opinions for another medium!

P.S. I was never a fan of Katy Perry's music but now she is ugly to me.

The Dixie Chicks pretty much killed their career getting political.

• Thank You 3

2 hours ago, UncleMeat said:

Nirvana.  The radio stations have a tribute/vigil almost hourly here.(*,)

That’s a big 10-4.  I always say I like any music, with the exception of rap and opera.... I forgot about “grunge”.   The “genius” of Cobain is completely lost on me. 

• Thank You 3

On 7/3/2018 at 8:30 AM, Sk1Bum said:

The Dixie Chicks pretty much killed their career getting political.

I like it when performers can play instruments.  Example:  Mandrell Sisters.  The Dixie Chicks were booked to a Venue in the Tucson area and (I believe) the tickets were in the $170 area.  I am not interested in going to a concert at insane prices and listen to political puke  and vomit.  If I want that, I will go to a political rally for free.

• Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

That’s a big 10-4.  I always say I like any music, with the exception of rap and opera.... I forgot about “grunge”.   The “genius” of Cobain is completely lost on me. 

I've been trying to forget about grunge too.

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

I've been trying to forget about grunge too.

About what?!?!?!  I know some decent cleaners that let me wipe things clean before grunge builds up...

27 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

About what?!?!?!  I know some decent cleaners that let me wipe things clean before grunge builds up...

You missed a spot, i.e., Seattle.

• Haha 3