Favorite Bass Lines

Bobby1970: 1st, thanks for verifying that the line from U2's "New Years Day" stating "..we live in the golden age and gold is the reason for the wars we wage..." or some such is actually there as I must have had the long version of this song at one time but all the versions I have now are the short version that I wait in vain for each time it comes up on random play for that great line that never comes and I was beginning to think it was from some other song! Will DL this better long version and replace the short versions I now have.

Another great bass song from U2 that I did not see listed is "Love is Blindness" that only my EPI 1000's (re the systems that I have..) can do justice to relative to  the low low bass in that song's intro which is room filling and smooth as silk and felt in your bones and body (at loud enough volume and if your system goes that low without "cracking" or rattling...).

See you also included PF's "One of These Days" that is also a "great bass" song!

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 1

• 3 weeks later...

This looses it's dynamics on YouTube (and it's recorded live in an open air venue) but the version I have from the No BS Brass Band CD Brass Knuckles kicks brass!

• That Rocks 2

• 2 weeks later...