Hello all! I’m new here and just wanted to check in. I just bought a TFM-35 yesterday. It sounded great until todayday then the right channel became scratchy. Now the amp is in protect. Ugh... I’m driving a pair of Rogers 2a bookshelf speakers so the load was light. 

• Thank You 3

Howdy Bevador1 and welcome to the forum. Sorry that it took a problem with your gear to get you here.

Your amp is pushing 30 years old and needs some tlc. There are plenty of great techs here who can take care of that for you.

While you are here please tell us about yourself, your taste in music, gear you've owned, hobbies, work experience, etc.

Hello Bevador1 and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear.;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

When you get the chance, upload some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.e09d785c7ace0e78561a8e7c9eeb0c83.gif

Edited by Sk1Bum

Welcome to our site!  You can learn a lot here, and the techs here are excellent!

we love photos too!

have a great day and always enjoy the music!

barry

Welcome !! Thanks for joining the asylum !! We love getting new inmates... :D

Get a partial refund, keep the amp and use the $$ to have it refreshed. It's a great unit and it probably would enjoy working in your system for many years to come.

Thanks to all for the advice. I plan on contacting the seller today. Perhaps a refund of some sort will come out of it. I’d hoped to keep this amplifier for some time to come. Are any techs here located near Cincinnati Ohio?

I was asked to tell a little about myself. I listen to jazz most of the time but I am open to all music. I studied music at Berklee College of Music (many years ago) and worked as a full time trombonist for years. I still play but not full time. I currently work as a Polysomnographic Technologist helping people with sleep disorders.

I used to own a pair of Carver Silver IIIs but we downsized and they were sold. They were wonderful sounding speakers. 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1