Quick Intro

?Hello forum, 

I am here because I love audio gears and in the process of finding what I like to get with my hard earn money! Sometime last month I stump on ebay and youtube and Carver m500 caught my attention. The result was a bait from some ppl that aint really nice. So now I am stuck with the M500 not working for 400$$ and thank god this forums exit. I have been reading alot about carver and want my dead M500 to live again. However, I just dont know how much $$ and someone could help me turn this to mkII. 

I don’t trust audio shop that claim they could fix this. 

Goal: wanna start collect a great carver system... slowwwwwwly 

Why: cause my spare cash coming very slowwwww 

and Here I am ! Ty for excepting me in the forum

• Thank You 6

Welcome to the forum Kenny, I'm sure one of our techs will be able to help you out.

Tell us about the rest of your system (other components, 2 Ch. or  5.1 AV)  what you have and what you would like to get in the future.

Welcome , 

This is a great place for your carver information.  I am in Baltimore County; your not far from me!  The techs here are outstanding!  Have fun browsing about!

as always enjoys your music!

barry

Hello Kenny,and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. 

When you get the chance, upload some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.c082c917cf67eb8aee6938c3b1efa2ae.gif

Welcome @Kenny.  As others have pointed out, you are definitely in the right place with that M500.

Don't let the bait seller get to you - what you have is still a treasure, and it will be a great basis to an excellent system.  There are folks here who can rebuild a Carver amp with their eyes closed and make it truly sing.

Do beware of the infamous OCCD as @Dnspy007 noted.  I know all too well how insidious it is.  Hang with this great bunch of people and you will soon have the system of your dreams, with many a piece of gear bearing the Carver logo.  That said, people here are by no means anal that everything needs to be Carver.  Try to find another group focused on one brand that is open minded like that.

Remember, have fun, and always enjoy the music.

(Yes, guys, I checked 3 times that this was a new intro this time.  ? I'll let omeone else win the "doorknob of the day award for now).

Welcome to the site.

I am sure someone here can help you with your amp.  If you have any knowledge and skills in electronics, you may be able to fix it yourself.  But if not, or just a beginner, for an amp I would suggest that your get help form one of the technicians here as there are potentially fatal voltage sources inside, even with it unplugged.

Howdy Kenny and welcome to the forum. Sorry it took a problem to bring you here.

I assume the amp you purchased was listed as working. If so you should contact the seller and voice your displeasure. If the seller doesn't respond, or isn't willing to negotiate, contact ebay. They almost always side with the buyer when an iten is "not as listed".

• Thank You 2

Lated reply! After a week msg back and forth with ebay and sellers. Notin can be done fml

OMG I have to wait 18 months for mkll waiting list. Asa I saw 18 month, I stole my dog food money and hunting for a CM 1090. 

Got a great deal but then seller just did not pack the amp tight enough so it shipped with a jam in speaker terminals and bent the heck out in the back frame. ? FML X 2 ?

Plug in the unit and ??! It is working but the volume seem like stuck! 

Well so far my journey to the Carver world ...

Now let hope anyone My waiting list from Nahash5150 cut shorter with my storyline! 

Ty for all the reply and warm welcome