Daddyjt

How NOT to, and HOW TO pack an amplifier for shipment.

1 hour ago, loner_t said:

This brings up a related question. What is the possibility of fabricating a new board, specifically for the M500/M500t? 

If this his needs to be a separate topic, I can post a new thread. 

Yes, it can definitely be done. I've already started on the M500t Power Supply board.

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, loner_t said:

This brings up a related question. What is the possibility of fabricating a new board, specifically for the M500/M500t? 

I'm going to show some dangerous nativity here, but rather than a new board, how about a plane board to attach to the back side to provide support.  If the solder points get in the way too much, perhaps just some strategically placed strengtheners?  It might take some work to figure out where it's needed and how to route things.

Or not...

Seems to me that the trouble with bracing is that it's like trying to brace a cracker. When these things get old, they just need to go the way of 'Old Yeller'. 

18 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

I'm going to show some dangerous nativity here, but rather than a new board, how about a plane board to attach to the back side to provide support.  If the solder points get in the way too much, perhaps just some strategically placed strengtheners?  It might take some work to figure out where it's needed and how to route things.

Or not...

I've used Lexan to brace boards before. As far as I know...it works (never returned to me so...)

• Thank You 1

The person who packed a nice amp like that is an a$$hole. F!@# them for doing that !!

Sorry, blatant stupidity like that really pisses me off. F'in moron - even the UPS store will pack it better than that - and they suck !!

• Thank You 5