John Smallwood

Karma - free Silver Edition Amazing Loudspeakers

Hi everyone....I am throwing in the towel on my Amazing Loudspeakers, and I want them to go to a good home.   The left speaker seems fine; the right ribbon is muddy and distorted.  Cosmetically I think they look almost new.

Frankly, I lack the time and technical know-how to address this.   The only cost is shipping - I am planning to drop them off at UPS to have them packed professionally unless you want to come to Santa Fe to pick them up. 

If you are interested, reply to this post expressing your interest and I will choose someone at random at noon on Friday, August 17.  

I'll post photos tomorrow.  Email or message me here if you have any questions.  Good luck - I really hope they go to a good home.  

John 

js@johnsmallwood.email 

• Thank You 12
  • That Rocks 1

My all-time favorite speakers, JS. Not in. This household of  Silver ALS-scaling cats bows in your direction wishing them a good home!

• Thank You 1

Awesome Karma John.  Thanks for the offer. 

I'd be interested in the drivers, ribbons and the front grills.  I've got a set that are waiting for ribbons,  front grills, and possibly a spare driver. 

For that reason I'll say "in" but not sure about shipping them as a whole units, it might be too expensive.  If someone in this karma wants them complete I'll defer to that person should I win the drawing.

• Thank You 2

Most awesome Karma @John Smallwood!

I'd be interested in them.  It says you're only 688 miles or around 11h 18m from me here in Salt Lake City.

I'm not sure they would fit into my BMW 550i GT though.  I'd need to take some measurements and if they'll fit, I do love those long 80 MPH cruises down I15.

I'm not really looking since I just acquired a near mint set of Infinity RS111b's last weekend.  But if you're serious PM me.

Regards,

Turbo

• Thank You 1

To say this is a most generous Karma would be a gross understatement. John Smallwood - that is a fricking awesome offering! I’ve already got more stuff than one guy should be allowed to own and I’m going to take a pass on your kindness but for anyone who might be considering jumping into the pool - these speakers will not disappoint. I love my Silvers and after replacing all the drivers only to blow a voice coil, I bought six more drivers (still have 5 new spares in unopened boxes) and was able snag a backup pair of 48” ribbons which similarly, I have never unpacked. I figured it was better to be safe than sorry and I didn’t want to be caught without a contingency plan should anything go south on me. (Purchased the ribbons before Sea perfected his replacements).

In any event - Good Luck to all participants - this is one hell of a Karma. Thanks John. 👍👍👍👍👍

Keep us posted on what you are planning to replace these with.

• Thank You 1

Stickers

I’m going to change my mind and ask to be included. After considerable thought, I’ve got enough spare parts (including ribbons) to resurrect or rebuild these and have enough other extra good working Carver components to put a pretty nice system together for my home office. Whoever the lucky recipient is - these are great speakers and I’d hate to see them parted out. Freight is going to be a killer wherever they wind up going but that’s a small price to pay for these puppies. 

Stickers

After a lot of thought I would like to be in on these.  I have always wanted a pair and this may be my only chance.  (Not much shows up locally for me so almost anything requires shipping...)

WOW!!! Excellent Karma John,  ~^  No need, No room,  Not in ..... I can say it never ceases to amaze me, the generosity of the members of this site....AWESOME...=D==D==D=

• Thank You 2

John,

This is unbelievably generous Karma.  I'm going to say IN and see if I was meant to have such awesome speakers.

PhilDent

6 minutes ago, John Smallwood said:

Hi everyone, Turbo is the winner of the speakers.   Thank you for your interest in these.   John

Congrats to @Turbo😃

Congratulations Turbo - that should work out great for both you and John as long as you don’t get any speeding tickets. John - IMHO, you made a very good decision and are going to make Turbo one very happy camper. Again, this is a most generous offering and a very deserving winner.

This Speaks volumes about the quality of the Carversite and the membership. 👍

Stickers