Hello Forum

Thanks, for letting me join the Carver Forum! I have a C4000 PreAmp and a M500 and I just purchased a Carver CD / Tuner to add to the collection. I have been reading everyone's posts as a guest for quite a while and I am grateful for all the info that is on this site. I am hoping to learn enough about electronics to perform some work on my own equipment and I realize that it is a far way off before I can accomplish this! I enjoy just chilling out at the house and listening to Classic Rock, Blues and Jazz while I am working on my two other hobbies of Woodworking and Metal Fabrication. This is a great Forum and I like the way it is tailored to the members. I hope to be here for a long time!

thanks, Don

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 3

Welcome Don!

i am glad you found us, a lot of great info and great people on this site!

kick your shoes off, turn up the volume, find a cold beverage and as always enjoy the music!

barry

Welcome Don!  You’ve got some nice Carver gear there.

most of the techs here are “home grown” - we have an outstanding support community, and we encourage each other to learn and grow.  

I look forward to your journey, and we all stand ready to help!

BTW, what speakers are you running?

Welcome, Don, perhaps you've already seen other members' projects; there are fine woodworking & metal work talents here. Be inspired!

Daddyjt, I am running a pair of Cerwin-Vega XLS215's as the mains and a set of the Seeburg DDS-1's for the rears. The Seeburgs are a little on the harsh side. I plan on building new cabinets this coming winter and taking the Horn and mount into separate cabinet and build the 2 -15's into a folded horn base cabinet.  

• That Rocks 1

Hello Don and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

When you get the chance, upload some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.b94502edae0766b2654f03faf2036bf9.gif

Hey SK1Bum, I noticed that you have the Marantz AV7005 in your 5.2 system. I have the same unit for my TV system as well. Is it possible to hook up a computer to this unit in order to use the DAC's to down load music files? I am trying to figure this out so I won't have to spend 500+ on separate DAC Unit!

Thanks,Don

3 minutes ago, Don Wright said:

Hey SK1Bum, I noticed that you have the Marantz AV7005 in your 5.2 system. I have the same unit for my TV system as well. Is it possible to hook up a computer to this unit in order to use the DAC's to down load music files? I am trying to figure this out so I won't have to spend 500+ on separate DAC Unit!

Thanks,Don

This is from the brochure:

NETWORK FEATURES
 DLNA1.5 certified
 Stream audio and photos from all PC’s on home network
 vTuner Internet Radio w/ 14000 pre-loaded stations
 Stream audio and photos from Internet:
Rhapsody
Pandora
Napster

I use mine mostly for TV. Other than Austin City Limits, that system gets little use for music. When I do play music in that room, I use the oppo to stream music from a network drive. 

10 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

This is from the brochure:

NETWORK FEATURES
 DLNA1.5 certified
 Stream audio and photos from all PC’s on home network
 vTuner Internet Radio w/ 14000 pre-loaded stations
 Stream audio and photos from Internet:
Rhapsody
Pandora
Napster

I use mine mostly for TV. Other than Austin City Limits, that system gets little use for music. When I do play music in that room, I use the oppo to stream music from a network drive. 

Great, I just down loaded the Operators Manual and I will see how to hook it up properly. A friend of mine who had a friend shut down a radio station in LA gave me the complete library to the station! I had to put it on a separate hard drive storage unit. A lot of great music but sounds like crap when I run it thru my IPOD system. I want to run it thru the AV7005 and then hook into the Carver C4000.

Thanks, Don

3 minutes ago, Don Wright said:

Great, I just down loaded the Operators Manual and I will see how to hook it up properly. A friend of mine who had a friend shut down a radio station in LA gave me the complete library to the station! I had to put it on a separate hard drive storage unit. A lot of great music but sounds like crap when I run it thru my IPOD system. I want to run it thru the AV7005 and then hook into the Carver C4000.

Thanks, Don

Nice score on the music!

De nada.