Sign in to follow this  
Daddyjt

Poll: James Bond, Jason Bourne, Jack Reacher, Jack Ryan or John Wick?

James Bond, Jason Bourne or John Wick  

13 members have voted

1. 1. As the title says - Who's your favorite?

• James Bond
    • Jason Bourne
    • Jack Reacher
    • John Wick
    • Jack Ryan

Because Hollywood sucks big ones, my favorite can't be my favorite. Jack Reacher is supposed to be a 6' 5" blond haired, blue eyed, 260lb bad-ass.

If you read the book series he is the epitome of a bad ass good guy. How the hell Tom Cruise got picked to play him is beyond me ?

As South Park said, I'm still waiting for Tom Cruise to come out of the closet !!!

• Thank You 2

Stickers

Bourne - Because I am also a reader.  I really dig the Ludlum books.   I also think Matt Damon did a good job in the movies.  

Did you forget "Jack Ryan"?  Maybe not such a badass hero, but still a hero.   One of Clancy's greatest characters.   The Hunt for Red October (great book,  excellent movie)

I am looking forward to watching the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime.  I have not heard the reviews yet.   Fingers crossed.

Thanks Mark.  Good post.  

• Thank You 2

Stickers

16 minutes ago, dennismiller55 said:

Bourne - Because I am also a reader.  I really dig the Ludlum books.   I also think Matt Damon did a good job in the movies.  

Did you forget "Jack Ryan"?  Maybe not such a badass hero, but a still hero.   One of Clancy's greatest characters.   The Hunt for Red October (great book,  excellent movie)

I am looking forward to watching the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime.  I have not heard the reviews yet.   Fingers crossed.

Thanks Mark.  Good post.  

Indeed I did forget - good call. The Sum of All Fears is probably my favorite Clancy book, and the movie wasn’t too bad. 

Ironic that all 5 have names starting with J...!

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

Indeed I did forget - good call. The Sum of All Fears is probably my favorite Clancy book, and the movie wasn’t too bad. 

Ironic that all 5 have names starting with J...!

Yes Jack Ryan, Red Storm Rising was an awesome book also!

4 hours ago, dennismiller55 said:

I wasn't disappointed.

Movies:

James Bond - Sean Connery for the cool badass,  Roger Moore for the comedy.

Books:

Jack Ryan followed closely by Jason Bourne. Storyline Bourne was born and raised just a few miles south of me (Nixa MO)

Edited by Sk1Bum

B-Man I could not agree more.  Apparently the audience watching have never read the books.  A midget playing a giant.  Like the rest of the characters also.

• Thank You 1

Always enjoyed Sean Connery, but lately I'm leaning more towards Daniel Craig.

Craig brought back that much needed hard edge to Bond.  And I like it, Bond gets my vote...