Hello ..... finally

I joined up about 6 months ago but never got around to posting.  Lots of really good on this site. Thanks! I really want to get back into it, so here goes.

I don't have a fancy system, but I am afflicted with the disease as follows:

Main system:

m1.5t for mains

m200t bridged for center channel

m200t for surrounds

Sunfire HRS 10" sub (basically a Sunfire Dominator D-10 with gloss finish)

Bedroom:

m1.5t

Sunfire HRS sub

Workbench/Office:

Carver C-2 Preamp (just so I don't have to plug ipod directly into whatever I'm playing with on the bench)

m1.0t (inverting)

I'm on the list to get the m1.0t upgraded (nahash). I'd like to get this done before I put it back in play, but growing restless.  I'll probably do the caps myself and put it in place of one of the m1.5t, then do the caps on that ... and so on.... All of my units have the original caps.  I'm finally ready to give them the attention they need.

Thanks again for all of the great info and interesting posts.  I hope to contribute in some way.

Jeff.

• Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 2

Welcome to the site, glad you decided to join in. 

You've got some pretty nice equipment and as good as it sounds now there will be an obvious improvement  when you get the amps back. Also you'll have the peace of mind that they should last another 20+ years.

What are some of your favorite types of music, and bands or artists ?

Enjoy the forum, Blues Pwr.......... 

• Community Admin

Welcome to the forum.  That setup is not too shabby.  Actually, the way you have it configured is intriguing, and worth experimenting.

What preamp are you driving your Main (surround?) system with?

I have something similar - and really like the (Hashy-refreshed) M1.5t I have driving the center channel - that amps seems to produce more for dialog (speaking) that pierces through the other surround channels, making movies/tv with 5 or 7 channels a "clearer" experience (for me anyway).

Welcome to the group,

AJ

Hello Jeff, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) As you've already discovered, there is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. 

When you get the chance, upload some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.a3cdbce4ed015456082bb195e68b432c.gif