Supertramp Crime of the Century

4RUNNER

"nostalgia moment"      my only "better" vinyl album. bought the audiophile copy back in 74 and copied it to tape almost never to be played again. well 40 plus years later. have played it a few time in the last couple years on my main system and love it.  Am in the office/den tonight listening to tunes and put it on the old pioneer pl-530  sounded absolutely wonderful. Then i realised that it was the first turntable I played the record on made it sound so much better (in my mind) brought back so many good memories just had to comment, the memories are what make some music soooooo much better. 

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 7

No music collection is complete without this album.

I fired it up as soon as got in the door this morning from work.

I'm only chiming in because of the sycrhonicity of this post and a seminal record.

You're bloody well right dreamer.

'Nuff said.

• Thank You 3

SuperTramp has had some of the best recordings out there. I just couldn't make a decision which album that I love most. This would be in the top three though.

Quick edit! "Breakfast in America" has been a complete downer on the other end of things. Great album, but beware which recording that you buy! Man, that is harsh in the worst ways.

Edited by 4krow

There's a Mobile Fidelity release coming up. Music Direct has it available for pre-order on vinyl here, and in stock on hybrid SACD here.

That's Breakfast In America.

Edited by Sk1Bum
  • Thank You 1

My memory of that Album was on 8 Track (Lo-Fi), it was my Wife's favorite at the time.

We took a group trip (Caravan with Boats) from Pasadena California to "The River" in Parker Arizona, My Wife played that 8 Track non stop (endless loop) for several hours until someone finally complained of the endless repetition...

Oh, the memories...

randog311 

• Thank You 1

There were 2 defining albums that everyone had and played during my freshman year at university.  Supertramp's Crime of the Century, and Alan Parson's Pyramid.  Those two still never fail to be throughly enjoyable.  Great memories and great music.  Favorites for me:  Rudy and Pyramania!  ?

• Thank You 1

I was an Army spec 5 stationed at the Nevada Test Site when Crime of the Century was released. Heard it at Garehime Music in Vegas on my usual weekend run into town and had to buy it, and it's still a regular on my play list.

At the time my system was a Technics SL-1200 turntable (still my primary TT), Pioneer SA-8500 integrated amp and CT-F6161 cassette deck, with a pair of Sansui 15" 5-way "kabuki" speakers (what was I thinking?).

954348572_1975stereosystemIndianSpringsNV(TechnicsSL-1200dbx117PioneerCT-F6161PioneerSA-8500).thumb.jpg.2d651fead7443802493edecb25114b8d.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

3 minutes ago, zumbini said:

I was an Army spec 5 stationed at the Nevada Test Site when Crime of the Century was released. Heard it at Garehime Music in Vegas on my usual weekend run into town and had to buy it, and it's still a regular on my play list.

At the time my system was a Technics SL-1200 turntable (still my primary TT), Pioneer SA-8500 integrated amp and CT-F6161 cassette deck, with a pair of Sansui 15" 5-way "kabuki" speakers (what was I thinking?).

954348572_1975stereosystemIndianSpringsNV(TechnicsSL-1200dbx117PioneerCT-F6161PioneerSA-8500).thumb.jpg.2d651fead7443802493edecb25114b8d.jpg

I used to have a pair of Sl-1200's when I owned a nightclub back in the early aughts! Stupidly sold them with the Bryston 4b's and other gear when the club folded. Great decks!