Best looking Carver gear?

How to choose - so much of it looks great.  The vac amps certainly rate.

Personally, I've always loved the look of the C-4000t preamp.  The C-1 comes a close second.  Even some of the Receivers are pretty incredible.

But so much of it looks amazing,

• Thank You 4

So much Carver gear looks so great and arouses so much desire - kind of like looking at a lineup of cheerleaders. You'd love to love them all but a few just stand out. Here are my current favs - just need a few more M500tmkII's to finish it off

20180912_190335_HDR-1328x747.jpg

I also think that tubes are very sexy.  But after reading the article about ss v. tubes from Sanders Sound Systems and personal listening, I am of the opinion that SS is the way to achieve the highest fidelity.  As much as I would love to have sexy tubes and a turntable, I believe that lots of SS power and M500tMkII's is the way to go.  My current goal is to amass as much power as possible, then I will audition as many speakers, sources, and DAC's that the wifey will allow.  Thus the journey continues...

Edited by PhilDent
Grammar
  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 3

14 hours ago, PhilDent said:

So much Carver gear looks so great and arouses so much desire - kind of like looking at a lineup of cheerleaders. You'd love to love them all but a few just stand out. Here are my current favs - just need a few more M500tmkII's to finish it off

20180912_190335_HDR-1328x747.jpg

I also think that tubes are very sexy.  But after reading the article about ss v. tubes from Sanders Sound Systems and personal listening, I am of the opinion that SS is the way to achieve the highest fidelity.  As much as I would love to have sexy tubes and a turntable, I believe that lots of SS power and M500tMkII's is the way to go.  My current goal is to amass as much power as possible, then I will audition as many speakers, sources, and DAC's that the wifey will allow.  Thus the journey continues...

My favorite part of all the above is scripted in gold.

I just love the Bob-father's signature on any of his stuff, new or vintage.

Turbo

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1