Sign in to follow this  
Ar9Jim

FS- New Crimson 275 Stereo Tube Amps in Stock. Trade in Special.

Recognizing brand loyalty, we would like to offer top dollar trade in value for your working vintage Carver amplifier, toward the purchase of a new Crimson 275 Tube Amp or pair of Crimson or Raven 350 Mono blocks.

Stock working amps in good physical condition can be worth $500. Amps serviced by a Carver Site repair team member or Authorized MKII can be worth much more (up to $800 in trade).

Carver275_4.fw_.jpg

7c4708_bb781c86e53d4364b1b010febfff2bf6~mv2.png

7c4708_179eae53fb4343dabaf774cca82b84ab~mv2-2.png

Crimson-350_P-300x200.png

Edited by Ar9Jim
  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

18 minutes ago, 4krow said:

Is this model hard wired, with no circuit boards? I know that the next model up is.

The 275 has a circuit board while the 350s are point to point.. It has a full 5 year warranty. Including tubes.

The 1st run was 10 units. I have 1 of those 10 still available. More coming next week.

Edited by Ar9Jim
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Ar9Jim said:

The 275 has a circuit board while the 350s are point to point.. It has a full 5 year warranty. Including tubes.

The 1st run was 10 units. I have 1 of those 10 still available. More coming next week.

From  Bob's website

The 275 Stereo is point-to-point wired  by hand in the same facility as our Raven Crimson and Silver Seven.

Jim,

Does the factory version Model 275 amp have a switch for 'stereo mode/monoblock mode'? 

Also, I notice in your photos (above) there seems to be two different color version...one almost

a burgundy and the other crimson or ruby colored...is this correct?

Edited by Dennis47

Guys and gals,

There were 10 Crimson 275s produced in the color shown in the ad above. These were the first 10 that shipped to dealers and are long gone by now. They were shown in this color at Capital Audio Fest in 2017 and in the original factory photos.  The factory changed colors and silkscreening after these 10..  We have started shipping directly from our stock order in Snohomish Washington, after burn in and test..

This unit is in stock in near Rockford, IL. It is factory sealed and the last one in the original advertised color as shown in the ad. May be of interest to collectors. It is the last of the original 10 and no more will be produced in this color. (815)323 0898.

Dennis. Stereo/Mono is not an option .

Edited by Ar9Jim
  • Thank You 2

On 9/30/2018 at 12:51 AM, Dennis47 said:

Jim,

Does the factory version Model 275 amp have a switch for 'stereo mode/monoblock mode'? 

Also, I notice in your photos (above) there seems to be two different color version...one almost

a burgundy and the other crimson or ruby colored...is this correct?

Most stereo tube amps are common ground and can be "Mono-ed" by "Y"-ing the inputs and putting jumpers across the negative speaker terminals and the positive speaker terminals, strapping the two channels together for more current. It's not at all like a solid state amp, where the two channels are opposed for higher voltage.

14 minutes ago, Rod H said:

Dammit. I want the last red one. 🤤

The lighter colored ones are the current production, I believe that the darker ones were the early ones. I remember the 'sample' at CarverFest was darker than our amps.

Besides, you do have paint in Canada, right? Good stuff. Makes whatever you have any color you want...😛

Edited by kve777
  • Haha 2