zumbini

Power By Carver (aka Zumbini's man cave)

Ahhh. That would be their top of the line Whisper. I've never heard a pair but my brother says they are awesome.

Description: Four-way, bi-ampable, floorstanding loudspeaker with ten drive-units and external bass processor. Drive-units: 4" ribbon tweeter, 1.25" fabric-dome midrange, four 7" double-layered Kevlar Hexacone midrange units, four 15" carbon-fiber/pulp composite-cone woofers. Crossover frequencies: 300Hz, 3kHz, 10kHz. Low-frequency alignment: sixth-order differential. Frequency response: 22Hz–30kHz, ±2dB. Sensitivity: 95dB/2.83V/m. Impedance: 4 ohms. Recommended amplification: 10–600W.
Dimensions: 63" H by 17" W by 13" D. Base: 24" W by 4" H by 17" D. Weight: 210 lbs.
Finishes: Standard: Medium Oak, Black Satin Oak. Premium: Ribbon Mahogany, Natural Cherry, Rosewood, Walnut with Cherry Stain.
Price: $15,750–$17,500/pair. Approximate number of dealers: 42.
Manufacturer: Legacy Audio, 3023 Sangamon Avenue, Springfield, IL 62702. Tel: (800) 283-4644. Web: www.legacy-audio.com.

Note that Legacy does not post pricing on their web site so check with a dealer. (Dealers are listed on their web site.)
  • Thank You 1

That is one awesome looking system your brother has there Zumbini, I love the wood on those cabinets.Being  gun nut I really like fancy woods.

where is the Bill D M-500?? with the CT-Seven!! HA!

I finally finished all the projects I was working on and put everything in the rack to get this updated photo.
The M-500 that BillD refurb'd is in the middle, new CT-Seven is top middle, and my bro's M-1.0t is bottom left.

20100503123433506.jpg

AWESOME SYSTEM!!!!!! zumbini

maxoutemsmiled.gifemsmiled.gif

________________________________________________________________________________________
Carver 4000t , c-1 , c-5 , tx-8 , tfm-45 , tfm-55 , m-1.5 , m-1.5t,
pm-1.5   Sony dvpcx995v 400-disc ,Rane m-60 eq , technics q-212 ,
Polk sda-1a , sda-2 , rta-11t , s-10 , Jbl-sb-2 ,Klipsch klf-10 , kg-4.5

O.C.C.D. it's not an excuse ---- it's a  R E  A S O N  ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Guest Beemers417

Gotta love it!!!

Thanks for the encouraging words folks. It's my little slice of heaven and I am proud of it.
The only thing I'm still looking for is some AL-III's. Anybody have a spare set for saleemquestion.gif

Well, my "boys" are leaving home for the 1st time in 22 years. emcry.gif
Last night I packed up my main speakers for shipment to Legacy to get new drivers installed.
While Legacy has them they are also going to set them up for bi-amping. eusa_dance.gif

To listen to tunes in the interim I dusted off a pair of Infinity RS2001 bookshelf speakers,
and, since I had the extra amps, "borrowed" 2 Design Acoustic DA-10s from my A/V system.
Then I got really ambitious and changed speaker placement so they are in the same zip code.
Whew! It was a lot of work but I think the improved imaging was worth the effort

As usual I took a few pictures. This shot was taken with a 45mm lens from the far wall.
20100505103720535.jpg 

I love your set up Zumbini! Way too organized' date=' but I love it!

[/quote']
Thanks jldeni. I'll admit to being a tad compulsive. Probably a result of many years spent managing large projects.
Besides, a big collection ain't worth squat if you can't find what you want when you want it. emwink.gif

I have a 1985 DTL-100 and a 1986 DTL-200 and they were both made in Japan according to the stickers on the back.  I bought the DTL-200 about 12 years ago on E-prey and when I got it only played 2 CD's then it refused to even spin any disc's.  This last winter I decided to re-cap it and in the process I found the connectors that go to the daughter board under the CD tray where the drive motors are connected had cold solder joints.  Touched up the solder and it has been working fine since then.  Once in a while it will start skipping and all I do is open and close the CD tray then it plays the disc with no other problems.

I've only had hands-on experience with the Musical Fidelity X-10D but it does a nice job of softening some of my older CDs.

BTW - Your tube buffer is way better looking Rich. The X-10D resembles a bloated chrome soda can with legs! happy0009.gif

Awesome system. It just shows that once a system sounds the way we want it to sound' date=' why mess with perfection.[/quote']

Unfortunately all things man-made have a shelf-life and my 23 y/o Super Sats were showing telltale signs.
So, about 2 weeks ago, I shipped them off to Legacy for new drivers. When they return they will be bi-amp-able.

Anticipating their arrival I purchased this used Behringer CX3400 stereo 2 or 3-way / mono 4-way active crossover.
(It's the big brother to the CX2310 that RodHaggerty put up as his June karma offering.)
It's a little beat on the outside but it's electrically sound and the price was too good to pass up.

20100601183232515.jpg

20100601183333232.jpg

20100601183410506.jpg

While I wait for my speakers I'm familiarizing myself with it's many functions by reading through the 50 page user manual. Yawn.gif

Guest RodH
Sweet! I see you have the XLR/RCA adapters as well!

I will be including 6 of those with the Karma unit...

Sweet! I see you have the XLR/RCA adapters as well!

The seller bought an X/O with 1/4" balanced connections so he gave me his XLR-to-RCA adapters.

Here is the latest addition to my fleet - an SD/A 490t - courtesy of kve777 (thanks Kevin!).
He did a very professional job packing it and programming a PRH-2 remote for me.
I've only been listening to it for a few hours but I am very happy with my purchase. eusa_dance.gif

20100603150800365.jpg