Sign in to follow this  
PhilDent

PhilDents bedroom setup

A buddy of mine got a pair of Vandersteen Quattros and deposed his Innersound Eros mkiii's to the garage.  After not being able to sell them, he told me to come pick'em up because it was a shame that these were living under a furni pad in an unconditioned garage in the San Fernando Valley.  He did not have to tell me twice.  I emptied out the SUV of all the kids' sports gear and raced to his place before he had a chance to change his mind. We loaded them up, and I hustled home so I could get them setup before wifey got home from work.  I wrestled the 75lb speakers solo upstairs and wired the system together. The speakers came with a 600 watts per channel amp/crossover that powers the bass. As chance would have it the FedEx guy showed up at the door with a M500tmkII that Daddyjt repaired for me - twice.  Each amp powers one of the Electrostatics. I must say that these sound absolutely fantastic - quite an upgrade from my bookshelf speakers. 

I hope to make this setup permanent.

PhilDent

20181009_171554_HDR-1328x747.jpg

20181009_182635_HDR~2-747x1328.jpg

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 6

Very nice system. So, now you’ve started hitting the rack before 7:00 PM and your wife can’t get you out of bed before Ten O’Clock the next morning. Be careful - that gives her a lot of time to take advantage of you. 💘

Nice looking system with the blue LED’s! That’s what makes it sound so good......grin

3 hours ago, AndrewJohn said:

Looks beautiful !

How does your wife like the new gear?

Funny you should ask.  She is accepting of it mostly because of the price.  Unfortunately I wasn't at home to catch her initial reaction. 

• Thank You 1

Truth is, before I married my wife, I made sure that the house looked like H3LL. Then as'improvements' were made, I had a better chance of getting a say in the decisions. She was so proud of the accomplishment, that she overlooked the audio system... mostly. 

///////////////////////////But really, who could argue with those sexy speakers of yours anyway?///////////////////

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, oldtexasdog said:

Not a very WAF factor-before divorce send to me-I will pay the shipping.

wrong.jpg

If it ever came to divorce, I'm sure that these would be one of the first things that she would light on fire.

2 minutes ago, 4krow said:

///////////////////////////But really, who could argue with those sexy speakers of yours anyway?/////////////////// 

Yes, They are sexy speakers.  The only downside for the wifey is that they are taller than she is.

I think the amps are damn sexy too.

4 hours ago, Dennis47 said:

What a great gift!

Super 'bedroom' system....|-|

Don't think it's going to stay a gift.  If the speakers hang around, I'm going to have to give him some money.  My buddy is a super generous dude and probably would just let me have them, but that wouldn't be right.

It is a super bedroom system.  The way the room worked out, you have to sit on the bed to be in the sweet spot!

5 hours ago, 4krow said:

Ok, here's the deal. You need to move this stuff downstairs, and sleep in your listening room. 

Funny you should say that.  When we built our house we made our master bedroom big and our home theater room average size.  As we've lived here for a while, we've come to the conclusion that we spend most of our evenings in the cramped home theater room.  Ironically, the wifey came up with the idea of swapping rooms.  So the master bedroom is going to become the home theater room.  I'll have to cut a wall and install a new door as well as block off a hallway, but it's very doable.  I'm looking forward to having a bigger home theater.

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 2