PhilDent

Brothers in Arms Multi Channel

I want to salve the wounds of all the participants that didn't win the Brothers in Arms Vinyl Karma.  I have an extra multi channel DSD/SACD copy of Brothers in Arms.  If you're interested, enter a number from 1 - 100.  I plan to generate a random number on Wednesday.

Good Luck!

• Thank You 5

My copy left with one of my party guests four years ago. Along with a bar of Truefitt & Hill 1805 soap. People are strange.

In with 32.

• Confused? 1

Alright Carver Fans,

I have to take the kids Trick or Treating so here is the participants:

KVE777 - 7

EADG - 32

Peck555 - 55

BarryG - 69

Daddyjt - 88

And the winner is.....  EADG!   PM me your info and I'll send it out ASAP.  Enjoy the music.  Happy Halloween!

random number.jpg

• That Rocks 2

Thanks guys, and thank you Phil for putting a fantastic CD out there for Karma.

PM Sent

• That Rocks 1

Jeff,

After some struggles and setbacks, Brothers in Arms 5.1 is on the way to the Great White North.  I went to my local UPS Store and they wanted $43 to ship it to you. I balked and headed to the post office. There the price was much more reasonable, but I had to fill out a customs form asking me for a bunch of information. I didn't know your phone number, but I have a buddy who lives in Banff, so I used his area code and a random number.  What are the chances that it's your phone number?  Anyway, I'm sure the new NAFTA will fix all this cross border nonsense, so the lower 48 and the Great White North can finally all just get along. 

Like my pappy used to say, "Remember son, Canadians are like Mormons - They're all super nice, and I've never met one I didn't like - but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be one."

Take no offense, even pappy loved you hosers for giving us the greatest game on earth.

Go Kings Go!

-PhilDent

Edited by PhilDent
  • That Rocks 1

$43 for a Cd?!? Crom's Blood!

UPS and FedEx are crazy expensive sending across the border when compared to USPS and Canada Post. 

• Thank You 1

On 11/2/2018 at 6:13 PM, PhilDent said:

Take no offense, even pappy loved you hosers for giving us the greatest game on earth.

Wow. I didn't know Canadians invented baseball. :D  stlc_party-supplies.jpg.6289e53e5c429e099abf26f5797493ae.jpg

• Haha 1

Skibum,

I love baseball too, but hockey and baseball are different worlds. Baseball is a chess match. Hockey is 60 minutes of action.

18 minutes ago, PhilDent said:

Skibum,

I love baseball too, but hockey and baseball are different worlds. Baseball is a chess match. Hockey is 60 minutes of action.

At my age, I love naps. Baseball on TV is a lot like taking a nap.

• Haha 1

I totally understand that sentiment.  My dad was a huge baseball fan and coach.  I grew up always telling him that baseball was boring.  Unfortunately it wasn't until after he passed that I began to appreciate the game, and I realized how much I could have learned from him.  It is one of the biggest regrets of my life - dismissing the knowledge that he was offering me and  missing out on one of those fleeting opportunities to bond.

• Thank You 2

We have a St. Louis Cardinal affiliated AA team here, and I go to the park and watch a dozen times or so every season.  Going to the park is so much different than watching on TV.