Sign in to follow this  
PhilDent

Craigslist Carver Gear

Found this on a craigslist near me.  He is asking $750 for the whole lot. Good deal?

Carver CT-23 Preamp, Carver A-500X Amplifier, 2 Carver AL-III Plus Speakers. Good condition. System is hooked up to my CD player. Bring your favorite CD's to see, hear and appreciate this powerful system. No subwoofer needed, great base response. Owners manual included. Comes with Monster Cables. Speakers are 6 feet tall. Must be sold as complete unit. This system cost around $5,000 new in early 1980's. Come listen and make me an offer! Cash only! Call Roy at show contact info

Thanks for the perspective Raven.  I'm not real experienced with these speakers and wonder if they've held up over time or if will they need work.  Also, speakers of this size typically have an extremely low WAF.

• Thank You 1

I'll see what I can do.  One problem is that those speakers are a little hard to sneak past wifey even if I have enough in the alcohol/firearms/stereo equipment slush fund.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PhilDent said:

I'll see what I can do.  One problem is that those speakers are a little hard to sneak past wifey even if I have enough in the alcohol/firearms/stereo equipment slush fund.

Strictly an “if you pick them up” Tim - please don’t make/alter your plans based on my input:-)

I have those speakers, in black. I love them. I paid $500 about 5 years ago to a guy that got divorced, and couldn't fit them in his new man-cave apartment.

With the amp they are worth it, in my opinion.  

I have a CT-23.  Nice pre-amp, often overlooked as a good entry point for stereo.  Of the later pre's, I like this one - but they bring only $50 to $100 on ebay, when they come up.  You may like it.

Ask the guy if he has "cables"..., often overlooked in ads, guys that put $5000 in a system, a while back, may have purchased some high-end cables.  And, having them thrown in, is the only way I'd suggest paying money for "high end" cables... 🙄😉😎  You can always sell that too, as a way to justify the expense.

WAF?  I think it's just a matter of framing this to get what you want..., these speakers have a much better WAF than say, the big baffle Amazings… maybe that's your angle !  🙄  Or tell her you are going to "flip" the units..., for profit, then put them in your chain, and …, well..., time passes.

Yes, I'm an enabler...

• Haha 3

Sign in to follow this