Bohemian Rhapsody

Daddyjt

I went and saw this yesterday, and it was fabulous.  It was courageously honest in its portrayal of the life of Freddy and his struggles, but it was done in a very considerate and respectful manner. It had some incredibly humorous moments, and some very touching moments. The portrayal of the Live-Aide concert was pure goose-bump material. Great cast too. 

I cannot recommend this film highly enough. If you are even a passing Queen fan, go see it. 

• Thank You 13
  • That Rocks 1

My wife has been waiting for this to come out for months.....and, so have I

To say Queen music was a huge part of being a teenager in the 70s would be an understatement.

I remember hearing Killer Queen on the school bus about "76......blew my mind.

• Thank You 4

Saw it with my wife last weekend. We both loved it as well. It was thoughtfully written and portrayed. If you haven't seen it yet, it's a must see for any Queen fan.

Edited by RPA-1 Man
  • Thank You 3

We're not often to the cinema, the last time years ago was It Might Get Loud with Jimmy Page, Edge & Jack White–we enjoyed that. This Queen flick could attract us to a matinee. Thank you for the recommendation! Coincidentally, yesterday NPR's Fresh Air featured an interview with Brian May. 379543499_ScreenShot2018-11-10at8_50_27AM.png.e0df0a00bcff1a5be62e6eb166445b4c.png

And, New York Times published this week  When Queen Took ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ to Live Aid: Freddie Mercury’s set in July 1985 is often called one of the greatest live performances of all time. What made those 21 minutes so memorable?

giphy.gif.ac6a30bc29d6afab25d3c942e9585c82.gif

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Drummer I followed you lead with a DVD-A. I looked and saw 1975, high school was that long ago and so much great music.

Dcl, I had my girlfriend's brother tape it as I was attending the one in the Medowlands. Probably called something else. We got there and seated early enough for U2. I can't remember who was before U2.

It ended with the Police "Reunion" so much inbetween. We watched the tapes acouple of days later. The Meadowlands was a bit of a hike. On a similar note I did catch Queen on their tour for "The Game".

• That Rocks 1