new to site...

hi

been at this (audio) awhile but new to carver and my recently acquired amazings (originals).  ive always loved maggies and this was a natural choice for me.  not sure if i am over my head on this or not.  i quickly found out that my cary 120s amp wasn't going to do it.  so need some amplification for these.  also i purchased a NOS Platinum upgrade kit (got them yesterday) and one of the magnets is loose.... so sounding like a redo on those!  urggg  not sure i what to go there.  the $$$ is already flying.  you can see this magnet in my profile pic.  i can upload yet...

Edited by tripwr1964
  • Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 4

Welcome to the Carversite. I read your comments re: posting jpegs and after Hashy’s response I see you already started a thread to get that post count and reputation points headed north. You are going to find this site to be a most valuable resource with members that are going to be able to guide you through most anything you are going to encounter. You’ll also find a lot of members that have similar experiences before joining the fold. I was a long time Marantz fan before converting to the Carver community and it didn’t take me long to dump a bunch of high end Vintage Marantz gear in favor of Carver Components. In any event, welcome aboard - Enjoy the ride.

• Thank You 4

• Community Admin

Welcome !  There are Amazing speaker experts here on the site .  I'm sure they will be along in a minute, or day or so....

Glad you found us.

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • Thank You 2

Welcome, and don't pay attention to the threats of OCCD.  It's not real, and it's not addictive .... honest ... never happens .... oh @#$%, hide you wallet, now!!!  Oops, it's too late, isn't it...  well, at least it's not addictive - I know I can stop any time I want ... but why would I want to?

Welcome to OCCD and the site!  You have already started becoming assimilated, and you are in the right place to find people to encourage it.

• Haha 3

"the $$$ is already flying."

Amazings are my all-time favorites. You are not without good company here.  It now seems elementary in retrospect (to me, a case in point) but amp power (more) is a rewarding investment. 

Welcome!

• Thank You 1

Welcome to the site, Tri-power glad you found us and decided to join in.

Lots to see and read here.

Lots of friendly, helpful techs, be patient many have day jobs and will be along shortly.

Tell us about the rest of your system/equipment.

What types of music / bands do you enjoy listening to ?

Enjoy the site.......

• Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Magnaryder said:

Welcome aboard! Tri-Power.... Chevy or Pontiac? 

ray

Ray, pontiac!

Wow thanks all for the warm welcome!  Very impressive compared to other forums ive been involved in.

Current main system:

Cary 120s tube amp

Maggie 1.6, mye stands, modified xo

2x augie 15" subs ob powered by mono anthony gallo sa's

Sota star, sme309, hana sl, jc3+

Schiit bifrost multibit, cambridge cxc trans, homemade player running daphile os.

Decware csp3 25yr anniversary preamp.

And  pair of original amazings 2x30" honeycombs that i am trying to straighten out!!!

I love mostly classic rock and modern jazz.

Edited by tripwr1964
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 3

21 hours ago, tripwr1964 said:

another pontiac friend!!! '64 gto here.

Haha, sweet!!!

Always loved the '64 and '65 goats.

Have a pair of them here, a '68 and a '70 Ram Air 455.

• That Rocks 1