New Carverholic! Hello everyone :)

Just wanted to say a BIG Hello everyone!

What a great community of Carver lovers I've discovered here!

I myself have been a fan of Carver gear for many years, starting with a killer M1.5T that was my first "grown-up" amp! Next I played with a C-9 Sonic Holography machine. And, a owned a pair of platinum Amazings in gorgeous Piano Black.

Well friends, my latest Carver score is... Drum Roll!......

A mint condition M1.0T! And by the serial number it seems to be a late production (non-inverting) unit.

The Amp seems all original with not a spec of dust or any signs of heat or heavy use. It sounds great as-is but after reading all the stories of how fantastic it can be with the MkII Opt.2 upgrades, I've decided that I would like to take it in that direction. I have some experience in the DIY realm troubleshooting/fixing components and building a FirstWatt F5 last year. But, I am in no way an expert and will surely have many newbie questions along the way :)

• Thank You 8

Hello Arnaldo, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. The M1.0t is a great amp in stock form. I have one getting repaired and getting the mk II, opt2 upgrades now. 

When you get the needed permissions and a chance, please upload some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.d2caeed42cb7cdf6011b96919c2e7170.gif

• Thank You 1

Thank you Sk1Bum and Balok!  Yes, I agree a refurb is definitely in order. Especially since I plan on keeping this amp rocking another 30 years!  Just starting to learn my way around the forum and all the great info on audio in general.. not just Carver products.

Guys, What would be a good starting point to start studying the parts and procedures for the Mkii upgrades? Is there a fairly current parts list or BOM for the M1.0T that someone could point me too?

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome to the Site, Arnaldo.  Great opportunity with that stock M10.t, to "take it to 'eleven'" when you MkII it.

Glad to have you aboard.  Post lots of pictures (it's easy). And enjoy the ride with OCCD.

• Thank You 1

Wow!! Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! ? OCCD is right! Glad there’s a support group for it!!

Drummer Juice- cool idea on bi-amping with the Carvers. Is your m1.0t Mkii’ed? My m1.5t developed a weird pop-pop-popping sound that used to happen for a few seconds on startup, but is now continuous. That’s part of the reason I went hunting for the m1.0t. I hope to tackle that issue and get her playing again at some point too. 

3 hours ago, Arnaldo said:

Wow!! Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! ? OCCD is right! Glad there’s a support group for it!!

Arnaldo, it's more of an enabler group than a support group. :D 

• Haha 1

Welcome Arnaldo, from another new member.  I'd warn you about the addictive qualities of OCCD, but it's obviously too late.  I went the same sort of route, without having much previous carver gear (just dreams, now being realized).  I have a C1 and M1.0t, both in getting the full makeover with one of the many gurus here.  I picked them up knowing at their age a full overhaul would be needed, then I would be set for many years of musical pleasure.

Welcome to the site Arnaldo, lots of info here.

Feel free to ask as many questions as needed, we have several of the most knowledgeable, patient, techs you will find anywhere.

During the week many have day jobs so you may have to wait for answers until the evenings, as not all can get online during working hours.

Tell us about the rest of your system, preamps, sources, current speakers, subs, interconnects, room treatments(if any) etc.

What types of music do you enjoy listening to ?

Favorite bands/artists.

What medium do you prefer Digital:  Streaming/Downloads,  or Analog: LP/Tape   

Enjoy the site..........

Welcome to the Carversite Arnoldo,  enjoy your visit, stay for a while, Kick off your shoes, grab an eggnog and turn up the volume!  As always enjoy the music!

barryG

On 11/24/2018 at 7:26 AM, Arnaldo said:

Drummer Juice- cool idea on bi-amping with the Carvers. Is your m1.0t Mkii’ed? My m1.5t developed a weird pop-pop-popping sound that used to happen for a few seconds on startup, but is now continuous. That’s part of the reason I went hunting for the m1.0t. I hope to tackle that issue and get her playing again at some point too. 

I would definitely get the M-1.5t fixed (great amp) My M-1.0t is not Mk2'd yet. It's currently in the shop getting a 10v pop fixed (about six seconds after startup) my local tech found a ic that needed replacement and ordered some parts but I'm still waiting. I can't seem to find anyone local brave enough (or with enough time) to mod any of my gear so I'm saving up to have them shipped to some of the highly talented and honest techs on this site. :)