Sign in to follow this  
4krow

My C-9

Well, I decided to motivate myself by selling my personal C-9 unit. I have used it a lot and it performs well (of course). Anyway, as the photos show, it 2 switchable inputs and one output. Thought that this was a great idea, so I made one for myself. Anyway, the power supply is pretty special with an over sized transformer, and the guts of an Audio Quest 'Quiet Line' noise filter. The case is heavy duty metal, and I made it so the unit can set next to a power strip, and then the power cord to the unit is much longer, for placement in a rack. You guys know my mods, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have listed it on Audio Mart for $350, but will negotiate a better price/trade here.

PB270002.JPG

PB270003.JPG

Ummm, yah, so here is a shot of the power supply.... sorry

PB270006.JPG

• Thank You 3

Sigh, get you head out of the solder pot, ok, here ya are. Look for new switches made in Germany, Audio Quest filter, Scary metal cased IC, some military spec resistors, solid copper RCA jacks, gold RCA jacks, putty for vibration absorption (I don't know why), selector switch with silver contacts, and silver wire for output. Spot them all and be the first on your block.

PB280001_01.JPG

PB280002_01.JPG

PB280005.JPG

PB280006.JPG

PB280007.JPG

PB280009.JPG

• Thank You 4

N,

Well if they are out there, I haven't seen them. There are others, but they seem to be run of the mill. Guys, take a closer look at the metal cased 4136. See anything that might be problem? I only noticed it when I looked at the photo just now. Sometimes, contact is being made by the skin it's teeth.

Yah, these little spiders are tricky sometimes to poke into a hole all at the same time. I just get a run at it. HA...

I don't expect to get a bite from US Audio Mart cuz they think that they can get 'apretty good one' on eprey for a LOT less.

Don't worry folks, some day you will see tubes in this box of mine..... again, get yer heads out of the gutter.

Sign in to follow this