Newbie Into

Hello All!

Hope everyone is warm tonight.  Bit cold here is St. Louis like many places.  Looking to upgrade my system.  I had a M-1.0t back in the day running some home built speakers after friends took out my other cheap gear with Tchaikovsky 1812 cannon's.  Currently have some Magnepan 1.6 's that just ate my Harman Kardon AVR8000 receiver.  Yes I knew it was just a matter of time pushing those speakers.  So now i'm looking at one or two Sunfire 300 amps.  I see there are two on eBay.  Totally open to suggestions as well.  Love that Bob is back!

Look forward to chatting with like minded audioheads.

Damon

• Thank You 9

• Community Admin

Welcome to TheCarverSite, Damon.

Kick back, and enjoy.  I don't have experience with the Sunfire 300 - but no doubt there will be someone along who does !

We love pictures on this site - share a few of your gear!

Welcome!

Welcome. I don’t own any Sunfire’s but they should be able to handle the Maggie’s. They have two optional outputs. One is voltage driven and the other is current driven. Someone can chime in on which would work best. I would also think a M1.0t mkII would be up to the task.

Wow folks.  Thank you for the nice and quick welcome!

Think the 1.0 would do it too, but it's in a friends closet if I remember right.  He has it now and it needs some work.  Maybe talk him out of it and get it updated with the mkll improvement as part of the go thru?   I'll get pictures in a few days.  Room is getting rearranged.

• Thank You 5

Hello Mopardamo, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

You've already advanced from Inbound to Novice, so please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.d2caeed42cb7cdf6011b96919c2e7170.gif

Welcome, enjoy your stay in the wonderful world of Carver!  Lots of great information and helpful people here!  I loved having Maggie’s, I regret trading mine away!  Sunfire Amps will drive them with ease!

Barry

Welcome , Mopardamo, I recall similar wintery conditions years ago when living in St. Loius & further west in Chesterfield. Brrr!  Good luck with your amp search. 

17 hours ago, Mopardamo said:

Hello All!

Hope everyone is warm tonight.  Bit cold here is St. Louis like many places.  Looking to upgrade my system.  I had a M-1.0t back in the day running some home built speakers after friends took out my other cheap gear with Tchaikovsky 1812 cannon's.  Currently have some Magnepan 1.6 's that just ate my Harman Kardon AVR8000 receiver.  Yes I knew it was just a matter of time pushing those speakers.  So now i'm looking at one or two Sunfire 300 amps.  I see there are two on eBay.  Totally open to suggestions as well.  Love that Bob is back!

Look forward to chatting with like minded audioheads.

Damon

The Sunfire will drive them just fine. In fact, any quality power amplifier should handle them.

Welcome!

I just purchased a Sunfire TGP-401 off ebay.  Let everyone know how that goes.  Excited that i'll have my preamp and tuner covered in one component.  Not sure what OCCD means but I can infer that i've caught it I believe:-)

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Mopardamo said:

I just purchased a Sunfire TGP-401 off ebay.  Let everyone know how that goes.  Excited that i'll have my preamp and tuner covered in one component.  Not sure what OCCD means but I can infer that i've caught it I believe:-)

Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder......grin

You are infected, no known cure......grin

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Dadvw said:

Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder......grin

You are infected, no known cure......grin

It does seem to go into remission once your discretionary funds and all available credit have been depleted. :D 

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 3

Way to go, jumping in with both feet! The Sunfire Siggy 2 is on my bucket list! (or maybe a pair of them? :D) for when my CDI (Carver Discretionary Income)  is high enough. Unless I can find a Lighstar at a decent price which is like Unobtainium!