m1.0t upgrade and tfm 55 repair

hey everyone, first post here.. 

been lurking here through the years, I have a m1.0t I would like to upgrade to a mkii opt 002 and also a tfm 55 I need repaired.. does anyone know the wait time lately for turn around? 

many thanks, Cameron 

• Thank You 5

• Community Admin

Welcome to TheCarverSite!, Cameron.

There's a number of techs here that will pipe in with answers and opportunity to get your gear back in shape.

Meanwhile enjoy the ride, post a few pictures of your gear, and enjoy.

Welcome!

• Thank You 1

Hello strohkin, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Once you get the needed permissions, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.d2caeed42cb7cdf6011b96919c2e7170.gif

thank you everyone! I'm anxiously waiting to get my amplifier setup up to snuff so I can finally have a listen to my infinity kappa 9s. little back story about them, I picked them up from a friend for 100$, all the woofer surrounds were shot, they were sitting in a storage unit for who knows how many years.

I sent the woofers and polydomes out to Miller sound to repair. I've also sanded and stained the wood to an ebony finish (I'm not a fan of light wood speakers especially with towers as big as the 9s are) 

so I have roughly 650$ into my kappas and I have yet to properly hear them. I can't financially look at the mcintosh/krell/etc they truly deserve for a good while so I'm just trying to get something more budget friendly going so I can finally bring the kappas out of hiding and enjoy them. 

I was trying to upload a few pics of my gear for you guys to see but all my pictures are more that 1mb! 

Edited by strohkin
  • Thank You 1