Sign in to follow this  
halfbaked

Cosmic tumblers clicking for Silver 7t's

One take a refreshing look at what is meant for you. A couple of weeks ago I was talking with another member about Silver 7t's on eBay. We also both like the ideas with them with blue meters. The 7t's seemed to be alright. Though the age it's time for a refurb. Nothing denoting any abuse and should pass a smoke test with no smoke. I hate bids as one needs to be there on the end. This had 56 minutes left and I was feeling good so I waited as the clock ticked away.

With a minute to go I went to refresh the page. My cell crashed and kissed the bid. When this started I wasn't looking for amps as my OCCD provided amp that pleased from other members. Props to the members here. With that I said it wasn't meant to be and not a huge loss.

Shortly thereafter frenchguy posted his "thinning the herd". So I sent a query about the pair of Silver 7t's he was selling. Really I was thinking I more curious than diving in. Obviously his are well taken care of.... He adds they have blue meters. I had to wonder if this was some cosmic divine intervention from the audio gods and this journey was meant to be.

So I had to take the bite. Now with Silver 7t's to me the reviews were the most polarized zero or 10. The Carver-lash was in full force. Though they were much more respectful with the Silver 9t's. Silver 7t's owners always positive.

I have a pair of Martin Logan SL3's with the better they're fed the better they sound. Now most probably would be ready for their arrival and the wonderful timing of not feeling well. All I did was unplugged the mains. I was going the take the speaker cabling from the bedroom and use them in the man-cave. But a later time on those.

Now the speakers are only roughly placed. I powered them up and let them get warmed up. Before the delivery I was listening to a live show. So I decided to just repeat it. The sound come up with a instant notice of the fatter sound stage with the volume slightly lower than normal.

So now it was time to kick back and listen. With the thought these might be the end of my search ... a strange thought but my primary stereo might be it. I have to get around and figure 5.1 but thats later. I also threw DVD-A's, Blue ray-Audio discs. All thumbs up.

I haven't even hit some of my favorites yet on SACD's, Mo-fi or Audio Fidelity. One Mo-fi did make the rotation. I almost forgot. I have therapy tomorrow and Friday so I am excited to re-listen with the proper time once I really can relax to enjoy.

Who needs the holidays at year's end when some Carver makes everyday enjoyable. Deep thanks to many here and a double thanks to frenchguy. I have to write a post about the great care with shipping. Something that comes much clearer with pictures.

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 1

Real Estate issue. Just when you think you have all planned out. Get things in place.

Everything is going well and then a Twister comes quick and changes what the shelves requirements that I had been working on.

For the moment I enjoy them as they lay. I thought with them on the floor enjoying them. Is a much better problem than then not having them.

Unplanned but why not it the holiday gift season and who better than me to buy for?