Rod H

What's cookin?

I know I'm not the only one here with a food/cooking obsession.

One of my favorite parts of my Saturdays is in between the kids swimming training sessions I have enough time to visit some of my favorite butcher shops and farmers markets.

Cooking is one of the best ways I have to relax.

Anyway, today's plan:

I picked up 1-1/2lbs of minced lean veal and 3/4lb of uncooked chorizo style sausage. I'll skin the sausage and mix it in with the veal and make 6 - 6oz. burger patties.

Sourdough buns, swiss and cheddar cheese, dill pickles and red onions.

Double cooked spicy potato wedges and a spinach salad.

Also scored a 10lb capon today - that's Sunday dinner.

What  are y'all eatin?

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 2

BBQ back ribs done on charcoal Weber grill / coleslaw / corn muffins / Heinekens   EDIT: I just discovered a top round roast that I had forgotten thawed in the fridge.  Pit Beef ( a la Maryland) and "boardwalk fries"  are now what's for dinner.  Weber grill and Heinekens still apply... 

Edited by GarciaFan
  • Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 1

33 minutes ago, Rod H said:

I know I'm not the only one here with a food/cooking obsession.

One of my favorite parts of my Saturdays is in between the kids swimming training sessions I have enough time to visit some of my favorite butcher shops and farmers markets.

Cooking is one of the best ways I have to relax.

Anyway, today's plan:

I picked up 1-1/2lbs of minced lean veal and 3/4lb of uncooked chorizo style sausage. I'll skin the sausage and mix it in with the veal and make 6 - 6oz. burger patties.

Sourdough buns, swiss and cheddar cheese, dill pickles and red onions.

Double cooked spicy potato wedges and a spinach salad.

Also scored a 10lb capon today - that's Sunday dinner.

What  are y'all eatin?

I wasn't sure what I was eating until I saw that recipe. I used to eat a lot of chorizo when I lived in San Diego. I'm going to steal that recipe!

Carter

• Thank You 1

I’m with Garciafan - I do all my grilling on a Weber charcoal kettle. 

My fav is a 6-8lb prime rib seasoned and grilled (indirect method) for 3-3.5 hours. 

Thise are are about the only “leftovers” that actually get eaten out of the fridge:-)

• Thank You 5

The greatest boon to my eating (sense I'm always between marriages or in this case out of the house) is the supermarket delis.  Saves my ass every time. 

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Rod H said:

What  are y'all eatin?

Stew pot is on.  20 Quart Vollrath, to be exact.

All the turkey bones, legs, and uneaten from 4 turkey's find their way to my house after Thanksgiving.

Home made soup is a serious staple for winter.  

Always tastes better the second time it's warmed up - but have to have some on soup-making day, to compare.

We stumbled upon noodles made out of garbanzo beans, and giving those a try this season.

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 2

3 hours ago, Rod H said:

I thought eating fish was considered cannibalism to the Linnik species?

WHAT???!!???   I am HORRIFIED (modern buzzword used to describe witnessing anything even the least bit out of the ordinary)  AND OFFENDED (strong word used to describe fabricated irking) by that ALIENIST statement!!!!

I demand a GLOBAL apology transmitted through all possible media AND since I am so distraught and emotionally crippled by this statement that I cannot ever work again.   I hereby demand that Rod H pay me the sum of ELEVENTEEN million dollars PER year to me and my descendants in perpetuum.  I am so committed to this that i will put far more effort into this CAUSE than i ever did into my real job.

You sir, are an ALIENIST.   

Edited by Balok
  • Haha 8
  • Confused? 1

1 hour ago, AndrewJohn said:

All the turkey bones, legs, and uneaten from 4 turkey's find their way to my house after Thanksgiving.

4 turkeys?  Sounds you you had quite the Thanksgiving!  Hope it was as good as the feast suggests.

I have to agree about the homemade soup - not much better on a cold winter day.

Edited by Brian_at_HHH
typo
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

I’m with Garciafan - I do all my grilling on a Weber charcoal kettle. 

You can add me to that list too. I have three of them. If I grilled for a large enough crowd, I'd have the big ranch kettle too.

0d5f5466159a256a058c5727e50d3a6f.jpg

Edited by Sk1Bum
wrong link
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

13 hours ago, Balok said:

WHAT???!!???   I am HORRIFIED (modern buzzword used to describe witnessing anything even the least bit out of the ordinary)  AND OFFENDED (strong word used to describe fabricated irking) by that ALIENIST statement!!!!

I demand a GLOBAL apology transmitted through all possible media AND since I am so distraught and emotionally crippled by this statement that I cannot ever work again.   I hereby demand that Rod H pay me the sum of ELEVENTEEN million dollars PER year to me and my descendants in perpetuum.  I am so committed to this that i will put far more effort into this CAUSE than i ever did into my real job.

So.... It's OK to eat fish?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Balok said:

Astroxenophobe.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, CT-Seven said:

Bought the wife the new Instapot with the nice blue display oh man is that thing effin sweet!!

How many watts per channel?

• Haha 2