Rod H

What's cookin?

One pot meal à la Travis @ 2016 CarverFest: his interstate biryani smuggled across state borders to CarverFest 2016. Updated to 2018 Vegematic, finished with homemade salted chocolate chip bacon (vege) cookies: salty, sweet, savory. And local IPAs.

_DSC4224.thumb.jpg.eafa338668d1e6baf530b8bd6d435b36.jpg

DSC_4437.thumb.jpg.c3fe0473332d9651864af2a54c4a2631.jpg

• That Rocks 1

3 hours ago, dcl said:

One pot meal à la Travis @ 2016 CarverFest: his interstate biryani smuggled across state borders to CarverFest 2016. Updated to 2018 Vegematic, finished with homemade salted chocolate chip bacon (vege) cookies: salty, sweet, savory. And local IPAs.

Gotta say I love your quality control supervisor, but I doubt the vacon would pass muster.  😀

This time of year, I tend to shift from BBQing, to a lot of air fryer creations, or broiled stuff, but it was pretty warm today, so BBQ steak was Sunday dinner.  I took the liberty of doing some extras for nurse-nights (every 2nd night) where I only have time to just warm something up.

• Thank You 1

Seems like all of you folks had the same idea in mind.

Usually I take a shortcut when I make Gumbo but I found Emeril Lagasse's recipe so I thought I'd give it a try. Damn, standing at the stove for 45 minutes constantly stirring the roux is a pain at 61 years of age, I wasn't sure I'd make it....my back:-) It did turn out fantastic, better than I did at CarverFest this year. If you're a Gumbo fan and haven't made it from scratch I highly recommend it. Everything but the 'File can be had at Walmart.

ray

• Thank You 2

@Magnaryder The true test of an amazing gumbo (or, well, anything) is - does it come with a side of your famously delicious carrot cake? :D

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2018 at 6:25 PM, The Raven said:

@Magnaryder The true test of an amazing gumbo (or, well, anything) is - does it come with a side of your famously delicious carrot cake? :D

Cake goes with anything/everything. I'll be baking this weekend and smoking something in the smoker. I'm going to be eating Gumbo for a few days. 

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1

Habitant style split pea soup.......yellow peas and all the goodness from left over ham......mmmmmmm

Just wondering.......if Im a meatatarian do I make my salad out of shaved roast beef?.

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, oldtexasdog said:

Doing some Korean Fried Chicken in Gochujang sauce with Combo fried rice for a side.

James is one hell of a cook. just sayin'. Any chance I can get that Curried Chicken to go....or the recipe? :-)

ray 

3 hours ago, Rod H said:

Korean Fried Chicken aka: Felis silvestris catus?  :--D

Bad Rod, BAD Rod, no KFC!

If it's Korean, it's more likely Canus streetis barkus, I'm afraid.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:55 AM, Brian_at_HHH said:

Bad Rod, BAD Rod, no KFC!

If it's Korean, it's more likely Canus streetis barkus, I'm afraid.

We had a couple of Asian families move into my neighborhood, and our feral cat problem disappeared. Jus' sayin'

:D 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

We had a couple of Asian families move into my neighborhood, and our feral cat problem disappeared. Jus' sayin'

:D 

How was their cooking?  

For the rest of you, @#$% those pictures and descriptions you're putting up look delicious!

• Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

How was their cooking?  

It was pretty good, but I had the strangest craving for catnip afterwards. <shrugs>

• Haha 3