Nahash5150

New Reaction - The Heart (yay)

@The Raven Was offended that there wasn't a 'Heart' reaction for her feminine representation. We were accused of being sexist macho men who were completely out of touch with their caring and nurturing side, and that we were neglecting diversity and inclusiveness.

So, here you go guys, heart to your heart's content, and get back to sharing and caring...you neanderthals.

lovethis.png.fff5d762ec18ce26e9ad75f74c42ec70.png

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 9
  • Haha 2

I guess I was thinking this was a predominately male forum. It’s not that women can’t be a part of the Carver experience we enjoy, but they have not shown interest like @The Raven. She is a “special” kind of woman.....grin

• Thank You 2
  • Love this! 1

28 minutes ago, Rod H said:

In the vein of equal representation, where's the kiss my ass button?

Isn't that your avatar?

For the record, from what I've sttn, you are so far from your claimed status that I don't know where it came from.

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Dadvw said:

I guess I was thinking this was a predominately male forum. It’s not that women can’t be a part of the Carver experience we enjoy, but they have not shown interest like @The Raven. She is a “special” kind of woman.....grin

Careful .......   Is this to say, She’s one of the guys? 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Rockster2U said:

Just one among the guys.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Rockster2U said:

No....grin. She is a woman who likes audio gear.....that makes her special......grin

• Love this! 1

1 hour ago, Rod H said:

What status have I claimed?

Today's seems to be "Resident Alienist," but I'm sure it has made mention of being somewhat less than diplomatic, shall we say?  I always found it odd from the guy who always seems to be the diplomat.  Now if i mixed you up with some other irreverent character, then by all means, I will stand for a public flogging with a wet noodle or a $20,000 patch cord.  #-o

On 12/3/2018 at 4:39 PM, Rod H said:

In the vein of equal representation, where's the kiss my ass button?

Not to offend any delicate sensibilities but I'm with you brother. I don't know if it's I'm too old(never thought I'd say that)but I pretty much don't give 2 shits if I piss someone off with a comment of my political or social stance. That right is guaranteed to me by the First Amendment of the US Constitution. It also guarantees the right of everyone else to have and hold their views also, no matter how extreme they are. I'll fully support any/everyone who holds the opposite view I have as long as I get to keep my position AND get to discuss those views openly with any citizen so inclined. HOWEVER new laws enacted by the Obama sadministration(and others)now prevent me from expressing my previously guaranteed views.

[Don't read further if you're easy upset]

For instance, I saw a picture of a Honda VF1000R(not an Interceptor) in an office for many years. The picture was taken at Mid-Ohio Race Course during a track day. It has a caption directed toward the ryder's friends that would rather Golf than hit the twisties (can you imagine) that says "Track Days, 'cause Golf is for faggots!" The whole thing was directed at Golfers in jest, a joke among friends. A member of the family that owned the company noticed it one day this past summer and cried how much it offended him, he 'Identifies' with that community (unbeknown to the office holder). He was told it was good that he was offended and chose to discuss it , that was his right under the First Amendment. But NO, it is now ILLEGAL to openly have an opinion contrary to what's politically correct at the moment. I'm appalled that someone can dictate what I'm allowed to say..or think. Its UN-AMERICAN.

Now I don't want to upset any poor soul....sheyeah right..see above...but I continue to worry about the erosion of our rights. Without the extreme views Lady Liberty cannot maintain her balance, removing one extreme(skin heads and such as has been suggested)moves the center to far in one direction or the other and upsets the balance. While this may look good for now what speech/or other RIGHT will they outlaw next?  I worry about the country my children will inherit from us. I guess I'll have to look into it more.

This is the reason we have the SECOND AMENDMENT.....(not a gun thread)

my .02cents

ray

• Thank You 3
  • Love this! 2

@Magnaryder We were just discussing a similar topic in What the Hell is the World Coming To (I think that's the right subject line). An interesting read if you feel like taking a gander over there.

I feel that I should say this here for the official record because men are under attack nowadays from so many sides - Ray knows this, I'm sure, as do many of you but for some of you I'm fairly new and probably considered an unknown vector - I am not a feminist, I'm an equalist (if that isn't a real thing, it is now hehe) and I don't choose to take offense at, eh well, anything. So please don't feel that anyone needs to watch their language. And if you see me saying stuff like 'I'm offended!' or something about my feminine representation or whatever - it's purely, 100% in jest.

Edited by The Raven
  • Thank You 3
  • Love this! 2

25 minutes ago, Magnaryder said:

Not to offend any delicate sensibilities but I'm with you brother. I don't know if it's I'm too old(never thought I'd say that)but I pretty much don't give 2 shits if I piss someone off with a comment of my political or social stance. That right is guaranteed to me by the First Amendment of the US Constitution. It also guarantees the right of everyone else to have and hold their views also, no matter how extreme they are. I'll fully support any/everyone who holds the opposite view I have as long as I get to keep my position AND get to discuss those views openly with any citizen so inclined. HOWEVER new laws enacted by the Obama sadministration(and others)now prevent me from expressing my previously guaranteed views.

[Don't read further if you're easy upset]

For instance, I saw a picture of a Honda VF1000R(not an Interceptor) in an office for many years. The picture was taken at Mid-Ohio Race Course during a track day. It has a caption directed toward the ryder's friends that would rather Golf than hit the twisties (can you imagine) that says "Track Days, 'cause Golf is for faggots!" The whole thing was directed at Golfers in jest, a joke among friends. A member of the family that owned the company noticed it one day this past summer and cried how much it offended him, he 'Identifies' with that community (unbeknown to the office holder). He was told it was good that he was offended and chose to discuss it , that was his right under the First Amendment. But NO, it is now ILLEGAL to openly have an opinion contrary to what's politically correct at the moment. I'm appalled that someone can dictate what I'm allowed to say..or think. Its UN-AMERICAN.

Now I don't want to upset any poor soul....sheyeah right..see above...but I continue to worry about the erosion of our rights. Without the extreme views Lady Liberty cannot maintain her balance, removing one extreme(skin heads and such as has been suggested)moves the center to far in one direction or the other and upsets the balance. While this may look good for now what speech/or other RIGHT will they outlaw next?  I worry about the country my children will inherit from us. I guess I'll have to look into it more.

This is the reason we have the SECOND AMENDMENT.....(not a gun thread)

my .02cents

ray

You won't find any disagreement here bro. The only reason we moderate is to keep the peace. Contrary to popular belief, we allow discussions of all kinds, including political, but it must remain civil. Once things get personal, we have to drain the pool.

As an admin, I cannot make everyone happy. Every decision I make pisses off some and is praises by others, so I really try to keep the volatile stuff at a minimum. It just so happens we are a very diverse community, many with strong beliefs (in audio and in other areas) and it takes some well thought through balance with a relatively small group of people.

But none if it is ever designed to silence anyone (unless they start playing games). I personally believe in dialog - communicating positions and forming arguments is a strong learning device. But not everyone shares that view.

Anyway, this new Reaction was merely a casual mention by Jen. She said, 'hey, I'd like to give your post a heart but there are none!'. So I made one, along with the facetious remarks inspired by the 'What the H$LL is the world coming to' thread.  :D

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Magnaryder said:

Not to offend any delicate sensibilities but I'm with you brother. I don't know if it's I'm too old(never thought I'd say that)but I pretty much don't give 2 shits if I piss someone off with a comment of my political or social stance.

ray

Unfortunately, in the modern world, while you are busy pissing someone off and not giving 2 shits, you can rest assured that some asshole will be recording the whole incident on their phone (without your permission) which they will then immediately post on shitfacedbook and youtube  and  they will also send that video to the local TV news station who will play it over the air (so to speak).  Then it will be picked up by nation wide affiliates and you will be publicly shamed and humiliated (even though everyone is against bullying now) on a national level.  This will result in loss of your job, loss of friends and you will be forced to move to another country.   And all because two people had an argument about something and it was no one else's effing business.......

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Balok said:

I hope he gives a tear filled apology about his prime ministership....

(i was looking for the word that is the Canadian equivalent to the US "presidency"....:|

Can't wait for October 2019.