Rod H

ECS-U Christmas Karma

Ages ago, I picked up an ECS-U unit that was no-op. It sat around forever until I finally sent it to Dennis who sorted it out.

I'm not going to use it so anybody with Carver speakers (EDIT they don't have to be Carvers) interested in it? 

Post a picture of your speakers and pick a number between 1 and 69. 

New owner to be chosen Christmas eve. 

The unit is currently with Dennis, I'll cover shipping.

IMG_0101.JPG?psid=1&width=802&height=802

IMG_0096.JPG?psid=1&width=802&height=802

IMG_0008.jpg?psid=1&width=1069&height=80

*All photos copyright DennisMiller55 2018

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 6

Stickers

No Carver speakers....yet....so not in. I'm moving to Florida soon and don't want risk any damage in a move.

Nice Karma!

Carter

I have one, so not in.  And, Dennis re-capped and serviced mine a few months back.  So, I can say that the result that you will get with this one having been touched by Dennis, is going to be sweet.

BUT, SAY... I asked in a thread a couple years ago whether this unit HAD TO BE ATTACHED TO CARVER SPEAKERS???

And, after reframing the question a number of times..., the answer I got back (forget who - but one who knew) 

...The Answer:  THIS UNIT SHOULD BE FINE WORKING ATTACHED TO ANY PAIR OF SPEAKERS.

Just because it was shipped with Carver Amazings as an option, does not mean you have to connect it to Amazings or ALIII's.

I'll try to find the thread later..., unless someone beats me to it.

So, to those that are NOT in because you don't have Amazings…, well, now your OCCD should be re-peaked !!  Would be interesting to hear how it works with other speakers in the processor loop of your C-1 BillD.  And, build an experience knowledge base with the Carverfest speakers, Polks, and others...

I aim to enable...

AJ

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

Stickers

Ok, if Kingman is in with his ALIIIs, then that must mean there is benefit to be had with the combo. 

Please consider me “in” Rod, with 88. Thank you for a most generous karma sir!

Here is my photo - this was taken some time ago, before the Infinity woofer upgrade and the ribbon foam replacement. 

151C734C-313A-4BAD-99A2-7B0A4780EE20.jpeg

• That Rocks 1

15 hours ago, Sk1Bum said:

Awesome karma. Thank you both! I don't have Carver speakers, so I have no need.

+1

in with 61...thanks

ray

2 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

Ok, if Kingman is in with his ALIIIs, then that must mean there is benefit to be had with the combo. 

Here is my photo - this was taken some time ago, before the Infinity woofer upgrade and the ribbon foam replacement. 

DAMN ........I'M IN AWE!!!! 

ray

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Magnaryder said:

DAMN ........I'M IN AWE!!!! 

ray

Obviously not in, but Yes, Methinks SOMEBODY has a problem.  SOMEBODY is addicted to collecting speakers!  Good grief @Daddyjt - you have WHAT?!?!  HOW MANY?!?!  You don't even have a window or door in that room, and can't even see the screen.

What can I say, but I'm jealous, and I still don't think you have enough.  ~^

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

Wait..., WHAT !!

You have TWO pair of Infinity Kappa 9's?  

I dream of just ONE pair... 😉 

Stickers

Rod has really done something special offering this Karma..., a rare opportunity.

I couldn't find my thread on "using the ECS-U with other speakers" however, the statements in the introduction from Bob Carver himself about this unit clears it all up.  The Owners Manual is in our library, and worth a read if you are at all interested in this unit.  Of all the SH implementations, Bob points out this one is unique.  With its Gundry circuit, and tone controls, this is a lot of fun.  LINK to the owner's manual HERE.

Bottom line, Bob notes what it can do with conventional speakers in this letter to owners:

Capture.JPG.2abb61fdc88c1937656254edd3c8b791.JPG

Edited by AndrewJohn
added link to owner manual
  • Thank You 4

Stickers

Awesome Karma!

In with number 57.

Would like to try with my newly repaired Carver Amazing Silver Editions.

Turbo

5 hours ago, Rod H said:

Reminder: pics of your speakers to qualify! :D

Hows this?

1325379830_MyCarverAmazingSilvers.jpg.0437d0b2f2e13a34c0e190499ae414ae.jpg

• That Rocks 1