Balok

Carver Site 10th Anniversary

If you check out RichP714's profile, you will notice that he "joined" on December 20, 2008.  As Rich is the founder of the site, I believe that makes today the official 10th anniversary of the Carver Site.   

Thank you Rich for starting this site and thank you to all the folks who keep it going.  

There are only a few of us left that were around at the beginning so I would also like those members to stand up and take a bow....

Balok   (joined January 31, 2009)

• Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 3

I don't go back that far, but I have found this site great for reference and advice. It also has a lot of topics that keep my brain in check. Just look at the psycho-acoustics thread that is in this site. Incredible.

• Thank You 7

Well said Balok and Daddyjt...~^

I remember RichP and his MKII mod that started all this. Thanks!!!

Thanks to Hashy for keeping it going! =D=

Dennis47 (Feb 26, 2009)...a long time lurker:ph34r:

Edited by Dennis47
  • Thank You 8

Happy Birthday C!. 

This site has cost me more money than my ex, but in this case, I'm happy about it. New music, refurbed gear that is worth new gear costing 5-10x as much and lots of folks willing to hold my beer when I say, "watch this."

It's a pleasure to read & post here. Thank you to @RichP714  and everyone that's contributed along the way.

tenor.gif.de6775c0e20f0a3dfb12db518fecd55c.gif

Edited by Sk1Bum
  • Thank You 6

Happy-Birthday.jpg

Though I've only been here 3 years,  I've learned quite a bit and the learning keeps on going.  Thanks to everyone that has made the site what it is today.....  ~^

Edited by Charlie
  • Thank You 4

Totally agree, this is a cool place.  I joined January 26, 2014. ...so I'll remain seated.  But I relate to Daddyjt's comment. 

There are so many wonderful contributors that I miss.  In the ebb and flow of time intersecting with the internet, our passion, hobbies and OCCD, it is inevitable.

This site has been a steadfast anchor to retain a decade of knowledge and a hub of friendship.  Like all families, there is confusion and conflict - but the ties that bind don't break.

Thank-you to everyone that made it and continues to make it work.

AJ

Edited by AndrewJohn
typo correction
  • Thank You 7

Stickers

This awesome site is great, I joined when it was 10 months old, my how time flies!  Thanks Rich for being the founder and father of the MKii project!  Thanks Hashy for keeping this site open!  It’s been a great decade!  Happy birthday Carversite!

BarryG

• Thank You 5

1 hour ago, Dennis47 said:

Shout out to RobertR ,  Kingman and jazzman...👀

RobertR: joined Feb 18, 2009

Kinman: joined Feb 25, 2009

jazzman: joined Sept 27, 2009

BarryG joined Oct 31, 2009

• Thank You 4

21 minutes ago, BarryG said:

BarryG joined Oct 31, 2009

Sorry BarryG and Balock...didn't mean to slight ya, just trying to recognize some

of the early joiners who have not posted for one reason or the other (maybe too shy).

I'm sure there are others and we would like to acknowledge all of  them...

Edited by Dennis47
  • Thank You 1

Did not feel slighted at all,  I miss a lot of the old timers,  I hope they are well!  BillD was the one who invited me to join and TnRabbit living in MD at the time invited me to his place very early on!  I miss those guys a lot!  I had OCCD long before I joined in 2009,  I bought my first gear in 2006,  it was during my recovery period after my forklift trauma! Music and this great equipment, and later the friends I have met here, have helped a lot through my recovery.

Long live the carversite!

Long live the legacy of Bob Carver.

BarryG 

Edited by BarryG
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2

On 12/20/2018 at 8:35 PM, Balok said:

If you check out RichP714's profile, you will notice that he "joined" on December 20, 2008.  As Rich is the founder of the site, I believe that makes today the official 10th anniversary of the Carver Site.   

Thank you Rich for starting this site and thank you to all the folks who keep it going.  

There are only a few of us left that were around at the beginning so I would also like those members to stand up and take a bow....

Balok   (joined January 31, 2009)

Thanks Balok, my oldest friend here.

I joined January 13, 2009.

I was searching the internet for Carver M500 amps and kept seeing a M500t MK II for sale.

I'd never heard of a MK II before so I searched the web and found Rich's forum.

Thank You Rich for creating this site/community and to Greg and everyone else who have helped keep it going and growing.

Edited by Blues Pwr
  • Thank You 4

Happy Birthday to the Carversite! Thank you to all who have made this site what it is, from the contributors to the people working on the site to keep this community together and the site maintained. And to the members, it has been a pleasure to be a part of this and learn not only about OCCD, but the technology as well. Thank you for a great forum!

• Thank You 4

Wow time flies I joined back in November 12 of 2009, with a pair of CT-Sevens one for my then Adcom GFA-545 and the new to me M-500, that had been through hell and back. William Dibble (Bill D) decided to tackle the job to get her back into spec and from there its snowballed into another M-500 that was a (t) the twist here is that it was also been through hell and back but someone had put sankens on only one side of the Amp, these later where swapped and served the basis for Bills own MKII mod. From there its been a hell of a ride M-500(t) MKII, M-1.0(t)Opt002, TFM-42 and now to my present loaner from LT the A-220.

Loving the site and members that make the place whole. Glad I sumbled in when I did wayy back in 2009.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1