oldtexasdog

Christmas 2018 Dinner

We have two traditional Christmas meals: a prime rib for Christmas Eve dinner.  And for breakfast Christmas morning I do aebelskivers.  (Think round pancakes made in a special pan)

At the risk of being somewhat cannibalistic, I'm hoping to do a turkey.  I'll be doing it on the BBQ this year as our oven is on the fritz.

Edited by Brian_at_HHH
BT Keyboard strikes again, sigh! Fixed.
  • Thank You 1

Our family has a tradition of swedish tea rings for breakfast, my brother Mike took over ham duties  from mom as she retired from cooking!  I make Brussel sprouts  and Baked macaroni and cheese ( think 5 year cheddar and Colby) , and all kinds of baked goods!  Brother Bill makes homemade Rolls!  Linda makes keugel!

Brother Paul   brings  ‘special cookies’ 😉

Edited by BarryG
  • Thank You 1

That all sounds so good!  

We're doing a version of Italian this year with biscotti and coffee for breakfast. For dinner - shrimp scampi, mushroom ravioli in white sauce, garlic bread, salad, Italian peas, and tiramisu for dessert.

• Thank You 1

Stickers

28 minutes ago, Rod H said:

Is there Bourbon in your tiramisu recipe?

Yup! We haven't made it since the last time we did Italian for Christmas, really looking forward to it.

• Thank You 2

Stickers

Kids are tired of, and question the commonality of, Turkey and Ham... (Susan and My favorite).

Sooooo, it's going to be a Prime Rib - and Tiger Shrimp for the non-beef eaters... (we convince the vegans around the table once a year to eat fish!)

• Thank You 1

Stickers

Turkey and the fixin's, peroghis, halupkis, sauerkraut balls, carrot cake, pumpkin pie. Our traditions have become skewed a bit. I've taken over he cooking since Mom quit so we're doing everything the my family got at all of the places we used to go for dinner.  While its a bit of a production it is alot of fun. We have a great time.

ray 

• Thank You 1

So, who thinks we should get together a couple of CarverSite road trips and crash as many Christmas dinners as possible?

The fantastic variety of foods happening is amazing.  I hope everyone enjoys dinner with family, friends or intimate company, thoroughly!!!   :B-D:

• Thank You 2

For our family, its Turkey with all the fix-ins stuffed with sausage meat and traditional stuffing, served at my daughters home.

Brian

Edited by BrianT
Spelling?
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, Rod H said:

"Traditntal" is that the stuff that makes you sleepy? xD

Anything make's me sleepy, thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake.

Brian

My plans may have changed slightly, mom is in hospital after falling and breaking her upper arm right below shoulder!  She is 86.  Still doing dinner but we will be taking it to the hospital to share with mom!

barry

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, BarryG said:

My plans may have changed slightly, mom is in hospital after falling and breaking her upper arm right below shoulder!  She is 86.  Still doing dinner but we will be taking it to the hospital to share with mom!

barry

I'm sorry to hear that Barry. Best wishes to your mom. I hope she heals & recovers soon!

• Thank You 1