Just got here...

New to this forum as well as Carver gear...

My new found appreciation for vintage audio gear started when we rediscovered my old album collection from back in the day when we were going through boxes stored in one of the buildings on or property. Our daughter went nuts be cause she was just getting into albums through a friend who has one of those cheap Crosley units and she started asking for one. Being a good dad ( ;) ) I told here if you really want to experience how good an album can sound you need a good turntable. So I set about searching and I found her a nice Yamaha TT with a vintage Kenwood receiver to play the albums on and was blown away by the warm  sound I remembered as a teen. That started me on my own search to recapture that sweet sound.

Now, many different quality components later I have finally picked up a refurbished and upgraded CT-24 and an M500T which sound sublime running through a set of VR-M90 reference speakers. I have an incoming C1 but I'm figuring it may need some work since nothing has ever been done to it, but we'll see. I will say I'm hooked and looking to learn more about what other Carver gear is worth adding to the mix.

WD.

• Thank You 6
  • That Rocks 5

Welcome to the forum!

there are many here that share your fondness for vinyl, and the 500t is a crowd favorite (my personal favorite of all Carver amps as well).

The C1 is an outstanding preamp, and many upgrades are available for it. 

Hang out, look around, and make yourself at home!

• Thank You 2

Hello Will Dew, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.  The M500t and C-1 are excellent choices, and the favorites of many here. The BillD upgrade for the C-1 and the mkII upgrade for the M500t put them on the same playing field as pieces that cost 5-10x their price.

Once you get the needed permissions, please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.d2caeed42cb7cdf6011b96919c2e7170.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome Will!  Sounds like you've not only rejuvenated your own interests, but have steered your daughter along the road to great sound as well.  The folks here are amazingly friendly and helpful, but we can all be a really bad influence on you acquisition of equipment.  I know how badly they've done me in, in the short time I've been here.  :D  Then again, it's pretty obvious OCCD has already gotten it's hooks deep into you, as is only right.  

• Thank You 1

Thank you for the warm welcome folks, it's very much appreciated.

I do give my daughter big thanks for getting me back into good sound and I've set her up with some nice components. My wife on the other hand was calling it an obsession, until she heard how good the sound was... now she will sit with me for hours listening to great music. She says I've ruined listening to music in the car or on the computer for her. :)  I will post some picts (I'll have to look and see what the needed permissions are) when I can. I'll also need to read up on the BillD and MKII upgrades in the forum archives.

Thanks again everyone!

WD

• Thank You 4

Welcome Will, glad you found us and decided to join in on the fun.

Lots to see and read here.

If you have any questions please ask them, nothing but nice knowledgeable people here,

enjoy the site. 

• Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Will Dew said:

Thank you for the warm welcome folks, it's very much appreciated.

I do give my daughter big thanks for getting me back into good sound and I've set her up with some nice components. My wife on the other hand was calling it an obsession, until she heard how good the sound was... now she will sit with me for hours listening to great music. She says I've ruined listening to music in the car or on the computer for her. :)  I will post some picts (I'll have to look and see what the needed permissions are) when I can. I'll also need to read up on the BillD and MKII upgrades in the forum archives.

Thanks again everyone!

WD

Maybe there's a new sound system for the car in the future  ;)

Not sure what he has in there, but @Dnspy007 put together one for his truck that delighted Bob. So in case you'd like another project... lol

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome to the CarverSite!

OCCD has no cure.  You (and your daughter) have the disease, for sure.

If you like what you got out of a refurbed CT24, you are going to LOVE what you can get out of a refreshed C-1, or a BillD-mod on your C-1.

There's a lot here - take your time, and enjoy.

• Thank You 1

Welcome Will Dew. The upgrades for the C1 and M500t that a few members suggested are well worth it. I can tell you they are jaw dropping and will give you an Oh Wow factor. It blows the stock sound quality away.

• Thank You 1

Welcome Sir Will!

Have a blast picking out new old gear.  I sure have been.  Two amps in a few weeks and an pre and now two brand new subs arrived today and they are too big for me to pick up.  lol

Damon

• Thank You 3

Again, thank you for the warm welcome, I very much appreciate it.

So I've been reading up on the BillD C1 and M500T upgrades in the forum to get myself up to speed. I talked with the tech this morning who did the upgrades on the M500t that I bought from him and mentioned the C1 and markII upgrades. He says the upgrades to the 500t was the MarkII upgrade. I ve purchased other things from him and he does great work and stands behind it so I have no reason to doubt it. Still waiting for that C1 to come in.

WD

Edited by Will Dew
  • Thank You 2