itchitch

Itch's Office System (CF275)

Posted (edited)

The holidays afforded me some time to assemble my home office system.

I had searched for a clean TX-2 faceplate for quite a while.... when I finally found one it ended up in 'storage' along with a C-1 (BillD by Kev - LED by me...)

The tuner is essential to my daily listening of NPR Classical Denver (which surprisingly has zero political talk.)

I did elect to have my CF275 assembled by wrf. ( I weighed the satisfaction of self assembly with my desire for perfect assembly :) )

IMG_1003.jpg

Edited by itchitch
  • Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 6

Looks great. Is that a BT adapter on top of the C-1 for alternate material? 

I too recently added a TX-2 to my office setup .... use it more than I thought.  I like the faceplate, but they come up infrequently and usually at a cost 2-3 times the cost of the TX-2.

The Silver adaptor is merely a stand/connector for my iPhone. 

You are so correct on the faceplate... I lucked out eBay - $29 including a nonfunctional TX-2 that I kept for parts.

This TX-2 is a 'best of' the two I owned (Case - Brighter display etc.)

No turntable in this system...

What an awesome office system.  Are those speakers KEF LS-50s?  I've read so many good reviews of them and wondered if they would pair well with Carver gear.

Nice setup Itch! I am jealous you can get your local classical station......I will probably have to put up an antenna in the attic to get mine.....grin

Posted (edited)

Office system my ass Itch! I know there is a bed somewhere close, and a kitchenette. I mean, your 'office system' is nicer than my home system. Shame on both of us.

BTW, is LT's signature on the back of the LS50's? ;)

Edited by 4krow
afterthoughts.

Itch - very nice system and most fitting for your 1000th post - pure class, Dad! Understanding your perfectionist persona, if you drop that frame on the right about 4 mm, the alignment of those 2 frames will be spot on. 🤪 All kidding aside - it’s awesome Steve.

Stickers

3 hours ago, Rockster2U said:

Itch - very nice system and most fitting for your 1000th post - pure class, Dad! Understanding your perfectionist persona, if you drop that frame on the right about 4 mm, the alignment of those 2 frames will be spot on. 🤪 All kidding aside - it’s awesome Steve.

Funny you would mention the frames.... my wife was adamant that they were even as she hung them .... I was too tired to argue. 

12 hours ago, PhilDent said:

What an awesome office system.  Are those speakers KEF LS-50s?  I've read so many good reviews of them and wondered if they would pair well with Carver gear.

They are LS-50’s. They are perfect for the size of my office. 

• Thank You 2